PDA

View Full Version : Murray too fragile

classic tennis
06-13-2008, 01:24 AM
I was at Queens yesterday watching Andy Murray whine his way through a marginal win, getting constant treatment during changovers, taking about 15 minutes in injury time outs, swearing on court, & basically looking for any excuse other than he was being out played by a younger guy.
The way the match was played was not really in the spirit that you would expect from professional tennis players, the Nadal match was fantastic to watch by comparison.
The main gripe I have is that compared to even a couple of years ago, the amount of Stuff..g around that goes on gourt these day's (especially by the anointed one of UK tennis) is boarderline cheating. A trainer for the last half or the match attending to you at every change over....please! Getting the towl after every point, stopping at every opportunity to have a drink...etc..etc.. the girlie scream he made on court....you would have thought someone had shot him! yet after the magic of tiger balm he is back to full speed sprints.
If he is the future of British tennis, I would be worried, he may yet win a slam, but the spirit in which he does it leaves a lot to be desired. I'm sure a few players will want to meet him "outside" for a chat after matches in the future.

superstition
06-13-2008, 11:47 AM
He withdrew from his next match, so it seems his health was a real factor. Murray has a body type that's prone to injury, or his stroke production causes him injury. I saw him play Volandri and he was on his way to a golden set before succumbing to a critical wrist injury. Brad Gilbert smirked about it and pressured him to play on, which was a really stupid thing to do.

logansc
06-13-2008, 12:01 PM
He withdrew from his next match, so it seems his health was a real factor. Murray has a body type that's prone to injury, or his stroke production causes him injury. I saw him play Volandri and he was on his way to a golden set before succumbing to a critical wrist injury. Brad Gilbert smirked about it and pressured him to play on, which was a really stupid thing to do.

There is a reason why he is no longer his coach. :)

Vision84
06-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah Murray is built like me. Kind of tall and skinny and quite weed like.

sillymonkey
06-13-2008, 12:06 PM
yea, he seems like a baby.

malakas
06-13-2008, 12:08 PM

Yes,but it's a case of the boy who cried wolf too many times.The constant whining and b!tching has made a neutral fan suspicious.And it's normal.
I watched the match,and Murray was really obnoxious,if I was simply hearing I would thought that someone had axed him on some occasions.He's not King of Queens as he would like to be,only a big fat Drama Queen.

sureshs
06-13-2008, 01:46 PM
He withdrew from his next match, so it seems his health was a real factor.

He withdrew because he sprained his thumb after catching it in the net.

SempreSami
06-13-2008, 02:59 PM
I saw him on the practise courts today, his movement and such looked fine but obviously something was troubling him at the end.

HoVa
06-13-2008, 09:34 PM
its cause he saw himself in the mirror and saw how ugly he was.

janipyt05
06-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Murray just does my head in, you can see he has the talent and skill to go far, but this i'm young thing and small injuries is just pathetic, he needs to man up and take a look at his age mates, Nadal & Djokovic go after his tennis a bit more. Then has the guts to right a book when his done nothing, no master series title and no grandslam, then write a book talkinmg about the LTA that funnylu paid for him to have Brad Gilbert all to himself, the very person who took Agassi from 149 to number 1 and Roddick into slam winner and world number 1 yet Andy couldn't use his expertise to charge up the rankings.

nickb
06-14-2008, 02:01 PM
I agree. I watched the match...pethetic...what a baby...he's a complete embarrassment.

Tomaz Bellucci
06-14-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm tired of his problems and injuries...

nickb
06-14-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm tired of his problems and injuries...

Yep...he needs to grow up or give up.

Gugafan
06-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Murray withdraw as a precaution for Wimbledon. The day he played against Gulbis at Queens was a farce. The grass was clearly slippy and potentially dangerous, as both players slipped on several occasions.

He handled Gublis serve pretty well though, something that will keep Murray in good stead going into Wimbledon. He is an excellent returner.

Murray is capable of hitting a very flat ball, particulary with he's gifted backhand. I hope he does not start playing passive, if he plays Nadal or Djoker at Wimbledon. He has the speed and variety of play to beat them. Does he believe though?

classic tennis
06-17-2008, 01:22 AM
Johnny Mac was saying in the Guardian today (UK Rag) that he needs to toughen up & is not in the same league as the other top guy's.

rafan
06-17-2008, 04:21 AM
Arguably the top three chose to play through their pain which we know nothing about. It may simply come down to that - will Andy Murray ever be able to do that?