PDA

View Full Version : pure storm limited questions

Demoneye
06-13-2008, 11:58 AM
ok guys, so the pure storm limited has just come out and im waiting for demo.
and i think it might take a while. so w/e .
so my question is. it the pure storm limited 8 point headlight counting the leather grip? also does a leather grip make that much of a difference? in control, in feel, and weight? also i am wondering if u order different grips sizeds does that matter? i mean in wieght? like if i order a 1/4 wuold the headlight balance be different from a 1/2 grip becuase the handle is bigger? also if i get a 1/8 and add a extra leather grip wuold that make it like 9 points headlight? also i am currently using a pure drive + with cortex. it is bit too long for me now.
also, any one got good reviews of the pure storm limited ive already seen pro tour 630's thread and double fualts. so i want different opinoins.
And is the areogel 100 good? it look good. i get that for demo too.tanks

Zhou
06-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Yes it counts the leather grip, why would it not. The racket is strung when the RDC gathers the specs.

The leather grip makes the bevels more prominent and transfers more vibrations.

Grip Pallets are very miniscule in terms of adding or subtracting
weight.

So you want 2 leather grips on your racket?

Depends on your game.

Demoneye
06-13-2008, 12:04 PM
no im not saying i want to add two leather grips. im am asking if i do add two what will be te difference . like how wuold it feel if any1 knows.

Demoneye
06-13-2008, 12:05 PM
also wuoldnt adding more grips make it less vibrations?

Zhou
06-13-2008, 12:07 PM
1) It is just stupid to add 2 leather grips to a racket. But it would make the racket more head light because you are adding more weight to the heavier side without compensating.
2) As you add more overgrips it will reduce the vibrations slightly. Not to an extreme.

BAMF
06-13-2008, 12:10 PM
is it at all like the ag200? the specs are silmilar but i want to know how they play

Demoneye
06-13-2008, 12:16 PM
the aerogel 200 is not simular specs ..... its 5 SQ bigger and is 18-20. but i do think they play simular cuase my logic is that when u have a 18X20 its plays like a smaller racket with a open pattern

Zhou
06-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Not to many people have hit with either yet as the rackets just came out. My Pure Storm Ltd. is supposed to arrive today but I haven't gotten it yet.

Zhou
06-13-2008, 12:17 PM
the aerogel 200 is not simular specs ..... its 5 SQ bigger and is 18-20. but i do think they play simular cuase my logic is that when u have a 18X20 its plays like a smaller racket with a open pattern

5 sq inches is not that large at all. Honestly we all make a bigger deal out of it than it really is. It might play similar but then again might not. The sweet spot is most likely to be smaller though.

Demoneye
06-13-2008, 12:19 PM
o yea i saw u have a post saying u gonna get 1 friday. ups ussually comes at 4 o clock for me. i live in da bay area

Zhou
06-13-2008, 12:22 PM
UPS has come all over the place for me. As early as 10 am to as late as 5 pm.

Demoneye
06-13-2008, 12:24 PM
well i can feel the difference between a k90 and a k95 16-18 it quite a big difference. but u can say its from the different string pattern and the beam width.

Demoneye
06-13-2008, 01:07 PM
i just tried to measure my pdrc+ and im gettting this. its 27.5 in, so halfway wuold be 13.75. i put a layed 24 inches of 1/2 lead tape on top of the handle. so thats 12 grams on the handle. i didnt not apply the lead tape. i just put it on top of the handle part when i measured it. it came to a balance to 12.5 before it wuold tip the other way. so thats 10 points headlight becuase .25 inchs is 2 points headlight. if i want to apply it onto my racket how wuold i do it? just asking. i have a 1/8 handle so i dont care if it get bigger.

Zhou
06-13-2008, 01:13 PM
You can apply it underneath the replacement grip or you can add it inside the racket handle. You can apply the lead tape underneath the replacement grip by playing it perpendicular to the butt cap along the bevels of the racket.

Demoneye
06-13-2008, 01:19 PM
like this?
lllllulllll
lllllulllll
lllllulllll
lllllulllll
lllllulllll
lllllulllll
lllllulllll
lllllulllll
lllllulllll
lllllulllll
llllllllllllllll
having it like a line from the top to bottom?
the u is the lead tape

Zhou
06-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Yes. That would be the way.

Demoneye
06-13-2008, 01:26 PM
cool thanks ima try that right now and then restring my racket and add a new grip tape and then starting on sunday i will train XD for the summer. and also 12 grams is .4 ounces?

Mansewerz
06-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Aerogel 200 is not 5 sq in bigger than PSL. It's actually the same size.

Bud
06-13-2008, 09:24 PM
is it at all like the ag200? the specs are silmilar but i want to know how they play

Aerogel 200 is not 5 sq in bigger than PSL. It's actually the same size.

It's the same size and string pattern. They both have 18 mains.

Demoneye
06-14-2008, 01:04 AM
i meant that the aroe gel 200 is 5sq in bigger than the new aerogel 100.

BreakPoint
06-14-2008, 01:18 AM
If you're using a Pure Drive + now you should just forget about the Pure Storm Limited. You're going from one extreme to the other and I'm sure the results won't be pretty. You're going from one of the higest powered racquets on the market to one of the lowest. If you're used to the PD+ you may even have trouble getting the ball over the net with the PS Ltd.

____
06-14-2008, 08:45 AM
308 swingweight for a player frame?

For anyone who's tried it,is it that low?

Demoneye
06-14-2008, 11:28 AM
If you're using a Pure Drive + now you should just forget about the Pure Storm Limited. You're going from one extreme to the other and I'm sure the results won't be pretty. You're going from one of the higest powered racquets on the market to one of the lowest. If you're used to the PD+ you may even have trouble getting the ball over the net with the PS Ltd.

hey thanks for the concern and other people have told me this also. and i know what they are talking about.the this is that i am almost 5"11 and i got enough muscleto generate my own power. now that i pick up my racketand when i play with it its going long just a bit every time. now poeple say that its becuase i swing too hard. but i dont even swing that hard. i have a semiwestern forehand. and i have a 2handed backhand. and when i do wanna swing harder it goes long too. i can blame my dead strings and blame my form but ive been playing good off and on for 3 months. its summer and i want to play a bit more consistent. i know that it will take time. and its not like i havent played with players rackets. ive done fine with my freinds k90 and i loved the feel of a microgel prestige my freind demoed. i just have my heart set on this pure storm limited. and if i have trouble with getting the ball over the net that will be what i will work on. lol ill make the net 4 feet high lol and practice on that. (wow thats a good idea. play with 4 feet net and then go back to shorter one and you will be consist in hiting the ball over the net.) lol

BreakPoint
06-14-2008, 11:46 AM
308 swingweight for a player frame?

Actually, TW measured it at 305 and the USRSA measured it at only 296. :shock:

BreakPoint
06-14-2008, 11:49 AM
hey thanks for the concern and other people have told me this also. and i know what they are talking about.the this is that i am almost 5"11 and i got enough muscleto generate my own power. now that i pick up my racketand when i play with it its going long just a bit every time. now poeple say that its becuase i swing too hard. but i dont even swing that hard. i have a semiwestern forehand. and i have a 2handed backhand. and when i do wanna swing harder it goes long too. i can blame my dead strings and blame my form but ive been playing good off and on for 3 months. its summer and i want to play a bit more consistent. i know that it will take time. and its not like i havent played with players rackets. ive done fine with my freinds k90 and i loved the feel of a microgel prestige my freind demoed. i just have my heart set on this pure storm limited. and if i have trouble with getting the ball over the net that will be what i will work on. lol ill make the net 4 feet high lol and practice on that. (wow thats a good idea. play with 4 feet net and then go back to shorter one and you will be consist in hiting the ball over the net.) lol
OK, fair enough. It's your money.

BTW, I'm not sure what your height and muscles have to do with it. Tennis is about technique, timing, and what you're used to playing with.

Demoneye
06-14-2008, 01:09 PM
how heavy is my racket?? its 318 grams stock i took off the babolat under grip and added a old leather grip i found. and its 1/8 handle and i then i have 2 over grips on the leather grip. about how many grams?

Demoneye
06-14-2008, 01:14 PM
also the only reason i think the pure storm limited is 8 headlight instead of 6 points liuke most babolats, is beacuase they took off the sythetic replacement grip and used a babolat leather grip. does a leather grip add two points headlighter. becuase i just added one to my pdc+ and its like 8 points instead of 6. lols

BAMF
06-14-2008, 03:40 PM
yeah so it is silmilar right? weights pretty much the same and so is weight distribution and headsize.

BreakPoint
06-14-2008, 08:05 PM
yeah so it is silmilar right? weights pretty much the same and so is weight distribution and headsize.
Similar to what? The AG200? The AG200 has a swingweight of 331 while the Pure Storm Ltd has a sw of 305. That's a night and day difference.

Demoneye
06-15-2008, 06:56 PM
how does lower swing wight effect your game? i just added a leather grip to my racket and 3 over grips now its 9 points headlight. its about 3/8 grip size now. w/e. like i like the serve and volleys on the racket but now my racket feels wierd on my forehand and backhand side. its a pdc+ btw. and is it becuase i added more headlight ? does it lower the swing wieght of increase it?

BreakPoint
06-15-2008, 07:11 PM
how does lower swing wight effect your game? i just added a leather grip to my racket and 3 over grips now its 9 points headlight. its about 3/8 grip size now. w/e. like i like the serve and volleys on the racket but now my racket feels wierd on my forehand and backhand side. its a pdc+ btw. and is it becuase i added more headlight ? does it lower the swing wieght of increase it?
You can never lower the swingweight of a racquet by adding things to it no matter where you add it. By adding a leather grip and 3 overgrips you have made your racquet much more headlight and increased the swingweight slightly.

Richie Rich
06-15-2008, 07:14 PM
you can never lower swingweight by adding things to a frame. only way to lower swingweight is to remove things from the racquet - like replace the grip with an overwrap, remove the bumper guards, etc

Demoneye
06-16-2008, 02:14 AM
ok my bad.... is the heaveir swing wieght whats making my bahand feel a bit sluggish? i feel that i can swing faster tho.. on my serve