PDA

View Full Version : Prince 1/8 grip shape ?

mdjenders
06-13-2008, 02:16 PM
I got my latest racquet to try today, a POG mid with 1/8 grip. Right away I was shocked to see that the buttcap is very elongated like a Head grip, and sure enough, the grip is molded like a rectangle just like the Head shape. The one I have is an older model from the 80's, but I was wondering if the newer ones are like this as well. I hate this kind of grip shape and was hoping for a smaller "squared" Prince shape, not a crushed rectangle.

Can someone with a more current Prince in 1/8 grip post a picture of the end of the buttcap and let me know how the shape feels? I would like to see how the shape compares to mine, because if they are all like this, I guess I will have to bite the bullet and go back to 1/4 :mad:. The variables in grip shape between brands are frustrating enough, but intra-brand shape differences are crazy.

Abriano
06-13-2008, 03:08 PM
the shape of grip 1 has to be different because otherwise the foam would be too thin on the diagonal sides

mdjenders
06-13-2008, 03:24 PM
that makes sense; looks like the tall dimension of the handle can't get any smaller, so they must have just decreased the width to get this size. it sure feels terrible.

I still would like to see a pic of a more recent prince frame with that grip, just to see if the shape is as extremely rectangular as mine.

the Town Sherif
06-13-2008, 03:51 PM
purchased a tour diablo mp and had the same problem with the 1/8 grip

mdjenders
06-13-2008, 04:16 PM
thanks so much, sheriff. I guess this was a bad time to order prestrung with natural gut :(.