PDA

View Full Version : I Am A Little Dissapointed!

dreydey
06-13-2008, 10:41 PM
ok everyone i just received my 5 donnay pro one OS, i love the racquet, its great, but i am a little disappointed,as i said in the first post tenniswarehouse sent me the first order of the racquets, and they didn't string them, but they matched them for me, they had a little card with the weight and balance of each one, and each racquet was in a plastic bag, then this order came, which i know they probably rushed to get to me cause the first order i sent them back which i didn't want to,and i do appreciate everything TW does.

they said they will just duplicate this new order, and each racquet was strung but no plastic bag on each racquet , and this racquet does not come with a cover which i understand but they didn't put each one in a plastic bag,or bubble wrap or something so they do not move around, they put them all together in one plastic bag,

so when i got the order, and moved the box the racquets were hitting each other, and i could hear it, it bothered me a little, because probably during shipment the racquets were hitting each other pretty bad cause im sure they just throw the box in the back of the UPS truck, that bothered me a little, the thing that really bothered me is that the racquets probably banged up against each other the whole time, i wish that didn't happen, and they were each in their own plastic bag,

i dont know if i should contact TW as they are a great company, or just live with it, do you guys think it damaged the frames, i cant really tell if there are scratches, other than that the grommets were not cracked, everything else was good, please advise, should i call TW, has anyone ordered multiple racquets from TW and they didnt have covers, and you had them string them up, did they still put each racquet in a plastic bag,please let me know and by the way this is in my opinion the best racquet ever, as i did play with one tonight......

nn
06-13-2008, 11:01 PM
don't worry too much it is racquet not your body parts..nothing happens to racquet because UPS won't throw them like garbage bag and if they did it might have some damage on one of the racquet..

enjoy your racquets//

CollegeBound
06-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Firstly, USE PARAGRAPHS and FULLSTOPS. That garbled message you wrote is almost impossible to read (deters most people from trying) and gives the impression you're somewhat unbalanced. Write clearly and you'll think clearly.

In answer to your question. Yes, you are being too picky although I get the distinct impression you can't help that. My professional advice to you is stop posting threads about your racquet and just enjoy them. Stop obsessing over minor details, go out and play tennis. After you've done that for a couple of weeks, if you have any complaints send them (the complaints) directly to tennis warehouse, dont post them here.

dreydey
06-13-2008, 11:14 PM
its not really a complaint, as i am obsessed with the racquets, and just want to make sure its not damaged for the future from being banged around. because i will probably stick with this racquet for a long time, and i Love TW , and i know they will take care of me if i contact them, i just dont want to sound crazy and wanted to hear others opinions, about what i should do.

Duzza
06-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Are you going to be playing tennis with the racquets or taking them to the movies? If its the latter, then no you are definitely not being too picky.

Bud
06-13-2008, 11:20 PM
They are fine.

TW should take more care shipping racquets, though. I ordered four vintage racquets a few months ago and they all came boxed together with no packing material, plastic or anything. Like you, I could hear them banging against each other prior to opening the box. I wasn't really happy about it, but the racquets showed no signs of damage.

Deuce
06-14-2008, 01:39 AM
They are fine.

TW should take more care shipping racquets, though. I ordered four vintage racquets a few months ago and they all came boxed together with no packing material, plastic or anything. Like you, I could hear them banging against each other prior to opening the box. I wasn't really happy about it, but the racquets showed no signs of damage.
That (and the OP's description) are unacceptable ways for anyone to ship racquets - especially a large store.
A company like TW should know better than to ship multiple racquets without some sort of protection between them (cardboard, bubble wrap, etc.).
Especially since, in their descriptions of some tennis bags, they've written that these bags are good to have to protect our racquets.

pow
06-14-2008, 01:53 AM
The worst that could have happened is that the paint chipped.
It doesn't sound like it has from your description, inspect them.

TW should have packaged it better but I don't think your racquets are "damage".

Even if the paint has chipped, don't worry about it too much, they are tennis racquets you were going to play with on a tennis court... scratches happen.

LanEvo
06-14-2008, 07:40 AM
hey dreyday i can understand u there about caring about ur racquets im the same way as u with my mfil 300s

Loco4Tennis
06-14-2008, 07:58 AM
yeah i would be a little ****ed too, i like TW but they should not have forgotten that critical step, specially since these racquets are not cheap, they are new after all, not only should th ey have come in their own cover but also bagged individually, i would send them a letter or call them directtly and just explain to them how you feel, dont yell or throw a fit, just explain to them what you saw, im sure they would like to hear how customers receive their products, maybe they have a new person packing and they are forgetting this step, a good company like TW would like to get feed back like that
as for the damage, it think it would be more cosmetic than anything else, but its still not right when you pay for a new racquet
i would definately look for blemishes and even cracks so you can report accurately about the conditions of your racquets, i would also do this ASAP, so that their is no missunderstanding as to who caused them, also pictures of any scratches would be good for records if they break where there was only a scratch before,
i would definately work with them so that it does not happen again

Steve Huff
06-14-2008, 08:43 AM
I think you have a valid complaint. Suppose you bought a racket from an individual that was described as 9.9/10 in condition. But, when you received it, it had some paint chips. You'd probably be a little ****ed. Plus, what if you were buying a racket for someone else, say a new racket that just didn't have a cover. If it arrived with cosmetic blems, you'd have a tough time explaining to someone that the racket was NEW. Like someone else mentioned, I'd call TW's customer service.

samster
06-14-2008, 08:47 AM
Well, is there visible damage or not? :)

If there is, then I would call TW and return them. If not, there shouldn't be any problems.

TheShaun
06-14-2008, 08:47 AM
I don't think this warrants a call to TW. They will see this thread and use a little more caution next time. The OP stated that he can't even see scratches. No harm, no foul.

Loco4Tennis
06-14-2008, 09:42 AM
oh i think their is a foul, this guy seems to have gotten lucky that the racquets arrived ok, but what about when you or i order racquets next, maybe we won't be as lucky, the whole point is to prevent the foreseable and not wait until you or i place a order and get a dingeed up racquet, after which we are gonna be back on this thread talking about how they should have known this was gonna happen
again the call should be something like "i got my package, thanks, just one thing, the racquets where not packed properly, provably an oversight, but more care should be taken"
the call should not be "got my package and im ****ed cause the racquets sounded like maracas inside the box", anyway thats how i would aproach it

Il Mostro
06-14-2008, 10:29 AM
That is bogus, man. It's not exactly an inexpensive proposition to purchase 1 let alone 4 sticks. Minimally, I expect an adequate buffer from the normal wear & tear of shipping. Hopefully, someone from TW will see this thread and act accordingly.

Bud
06-14-2008, 11:52 AM
That (and the OP's description) are unacceptable ways for anyone to ship racquets - especially a large store.
A company like TW should know better than to ship multiple racquets without some sort of protection between them (cardboard, bubble wrap, etc.).
Especially since, in their descriptions of some tennis bags, they've written that these bags are good to have to protect our racquets.

Agreed (strongly).

earbogast
06-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Actually if you're dissatisfied with the packing, order one racquet a day. Free 2 day shipping over $75.00. That way your rackets are packed individually and you won't go crazy over the packing.

dreydey
06-14-2008, 03:07 PM
ok i contacted TW and they are awesome as usual, im going to send them back and get another shipment of racquets, and i am very happy about it, i love TW thats why i am a customer for years, you need to understand the reason i called them is, i inspected the racquets, and some of them had chips, and scratches, and they were like dirty had stains on them, it was weird, but now i am happy, and i told them to pack them in plastic individually, im excited, thanks for everyones opinions, and once again TW made another customer satisfied, and i did hit i play about 3 times a week, and play in tournaments about once every month.........I Love Tennis Warehouse