PDA

View Full Version : Babolat pure storm ltd - why ?

fx007
06-14-2008, 11:00 AM
i tray to play with Babolat pure storm ltd and the result is :

1. perfect volley - WoW
2. slice at never before - to good , place perfect ...
3. backhand topspin - better , with prevous Babolat pure drive without cortex was worse..
4. serve - a little bad low power , with pure drive is MORE strong , more spin ...and place ...
5. FOREHAND - this is biggest problem in my practice --- worse than ever ... i delay for every stroke .... and absolutly no power on this shot.

in every match i must go only on net .....

I tray with lead at 12 h. , at 3 and 9 h. .... remove leadher grip and put there syntetic grip /babolat/ ---- result is the same ....
if someone have idea - it is possible to save my forehand / with pure drive / and save all other good points from pure storm ltd. pls share .....................thanks friends .....
your help would be usefull !!!!

don_nguyen11490
06-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Grammar N.a.z.i here, still trying to decode your post. I'll be back with my Enigma machine.

Bud
06-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Grammar N.a.z.i here, still trying to decode your post. I'll be back with my Enigma machine.

Come on cut him some slack, he's from Bulgaria. I'd like to hear your bulgarian, sometime.

As far as the racquet... perhaps just commit to use the PS LTD. and practice more forehands.

Demoneye
06-14-2008, 11:56 AM
why is the forehand bad?? in duoble fualts thread he said teh forehand side it good for the pstl

BreakPoint
06-14-2008, 01:59 PM
why is the forehand bad?? in duoble fualts thread he said teh forehand side it good for the pstl
Most likely it's because they have different forehands.

If my forehand with the K90 is not as good as Federer's forehand, it's certainly not the racquet's fault, right?

yasson
06-14-2008, 03:36 PM
you can fix it by giving it to me

kwisatch
06-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Funny how after five replies, no one replied to the original post.

For your forehand, try taking the racquet back sooner, e.g. as soon as the ball crosses the net towards you. You need a long swing to use a racquet like that. If you take short-medium swings, your forehand shots will most likely land inside the service boxes. Remember, heavy & head-light racquets = long swing and early preparation.

Cup8489
06-14-2008, 09:23 PM
also, most racquets dont match up serve-wise with the pure drive, since it is one of those sticks that are perfect for serving bombs

but just work on your technique, and if anything you should be able to improve your placement, if you can't get the pop you are looking for. placement is just as important, after all.

DonBot
06-15-2008, 05:55 AM
The trick with the pure storm limited on serves is racquet head speed, you need to hit some buckets of balls and working on really accelerating your swing on the serve. You would have these same problems if you picked up the aero-1, kbt, k95, k90 etc. Anything with a lower balance is not going to have the same pop as a pure drive on the serve with your current serving motion. But the beauty is the head light balance lest you really accelerate your swing more so than the pd, so once you get in a grove with it I think you will find that missing power. But in the interim you just have to invest the time in learning how to serve with it. For me it hits bombs, but that is just because I am used to hitting with an 8pt hl or lower racquet.