PDA

View Full Version : [K] Pro Open

armsty
06-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Okay, so I am looking at a new racket and a K Surge was on the shortlist, but it's too light and that was enough for me to scrap it. I am now down to a Wilson K Pro Open (100) and a K Pro Tour. I have decided I have my eyes set on a K Pro Open (100) though, fits all my needs. I must have one to demo.

Slight problem. They aren't officially released in Australia I don't think (not on Wilson Australia website). The only store around me that has them on their site is an hours drive and I don't want to do a 2 hour trip to go and get a demo model. Which would mean driving 4 hours in total to get it as well as take it back.

I don't want to just buy it though. I am probably going to purchase one or two off TW but I just want a few peoples opinions on them...

Also anybody know how much shipping to Syd, Australia would cost from TW on a racket?

armsty
06-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Adding the KSix Two to that list.

swimntennis
06-14-2008, 07:34 PM
I've tried both the K Surge and the K Pro Open, and, at least in terms of weight, the K Six-Two is more like the K Surge than the K Pro Open. I ended up liking the K Pro Open the best by far out of all of them.

I then demoed the nPro Open (the previous version) and found it to be a little crisper than the K version. This, along with a $80 US price difference, led me to buy the nPro Open. If you're willing to go out of your way to find a good racquet that will last you, I would definitely demo both the K and N Pro Opens and see which one you like better. I'd also toss out the idea of using the Surge or the Six-Two.

armsty
06-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks man. I don't really planned on demoing the 6-2 or the Surge, just had the idea a while back. I like the specs of the k Pro Open, will definately give it a demo ASAP, as for the nPro Open, I have played one before and I liked it, so I am sure I can find one in either the N or K that I like.

swimntennis
06-14-2008, 07:53 PM
No problem. From what I demoed, the K Pro was a little heavier and more head-light than the nPro, but this is most likely due to Wilson's quality control.

I also demoed the K Pro Tour but I didn't like it at all. I couldn't get good spin on my serve at all and, although this is sort of superficial, the leather grip irritated the hell out of me. Oh, there was one good thing about the K Pro Tour though; it felt extremely solid when hitting a slice backhand.

armsty
06-14-2008, 08:14 PM
For a demo racket I like to ask if I can change the strings in them, usually you'll get a straight up "No" but once when I went in with a mate and I asked that for him, they said if you do it here while somebody watches you then yea. So I used their machine with my string and strung it up for him, they offered me a stringing job but i stupidly declined.

Anyway, as for the leather grip, I never use the grip that comes with the rackets, always throw on an overgrip and take it off before I take the racket back.

El Guapo
06-14-2008, 10:39 PM
The nPro Open is a better stick than the KPro Open and costs a lot less.

armsty
06-15-2008, 12:54 AM
So most people seem to think the nPro Open>KPro Open.

ITSTL. I am fairly over seeing nCodes, feels like they've been around forever so I will probably get the KPro Open if they aren't too different.

MooreTennis
06-15-2008, 02:44 AM
armsty,

where abouts are you from in Sydney? If you are interested in getting the racquets from here, then I can look after you with some good pricing.

Thanks,
Anthony

armsty
06-15-2008, 03:14 AM
I am from the Northern Beaches, where abouts are you from.

Fly me an email at darmstrong93@gmail.com or msn me on armsty@hotmail.com

armsty
06-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Anybody else?

armsty
06-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Another bump, trying to get MoorePark's attention.

El Guapo
06-16-2008, 10:58 PM
So most people seem to think the nPro Open>KPro Open.

ITSTL. I am fairly over seeing nCodes, feels like they've been around forever so I will probably get the KPro Open if they aren't too different.
If you're buying a stick for the way that it looks, good luck with your game. LOL

armsty
06-17-2008, 12:46 AM
If you're buying a stick for the way that it looks, good luck with your game. LOL
More a psychological thing, I get really over designs and stuff, I know it sounds stupid but I am one of those people. If I do like the NPro more than the KPro than I will buy it.

armsty
06-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Went down to my local shop with tennis rackets and sports stuff and I find that the Wilson section has been choped in half.

There are only K Four's, K Ones, K Surge and K Six Ones there, with ONE K Zen Team.

Then there's a heap of nVisions and nPower or whatever that one is.

Also, the K One is reduced to $180. Fairly crazy.

Anyway, going to demo a K Pro Open in a weeks time for a week.

johnv_pr
06-28-2008, 02:54 PM
I am currently playing with the kpro Tour but have hit with the npro open and kpro open. Seriously, I personally find the npro superior to the kpro in stability and control. But that again was my experience from playing both a set each.

armsty
06-28-2008, 04:18 PM
I have got the KPro Open now, and I am going to do a basket of serves with it today + coach. Should have a decent hit with it on Tuesday I think, as I coach all day Monday.

I am considering buying 2 KPro's if I like them, then buying an NPro Open for the slight variation, and working from there.