PDA

View Full Version : Yonex mp 3 i

Lphansen
06-14-2008, 11:02 PM
I seem to have stumpled over a bunch of these rackets. Has anybody hit with it and can give me a review...

Lars

backcourt
06-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I played with these for a few years and found them great for my shoulder problem. THey play like a light players racquet with extra power. Do everything well, a good all court frame, nice power and spin on sserves, great for backhand slice and a good topspin racquet as well, also noted for arm safety. The only downside, at least for me, was the 95 head which has a relatively small sweetspot. When you miss it you can shank alot of balls. Hit the sweetspot and it's like butta. I would probably still be playing with these but went to the little lower swingweight and bigger 100 head of a Volkl Cat 8 VE. Recommended.

Marvel
06-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Racquet Name: Yonex MP-3i
Head Size: Midplus: 95 sq. inches
Length: 27.25 inches
Composition: Ultra High Modulus Graphite, Ultimum Ti
Weight Strung: Midplus 11.2 oz.
Power Level: Low - Medium
Beam/Width: Midplus 22 - 23 mm
Balance: Head Light
Player Swing Speed: Medium - Fast
Player Stroke Style: Long
Recommended Tension: 45 - 60 lbs.
Other: Yonex Cushion Grip.
Technology: Muscle Power Technology & Isometric Head Shape

Yonex MP-3i Long
The Yonex MP-3i is a traditional players racquet without the weight. The MP-3i will provide the 4.0-6.0 level players a very solid, comfortable frame with controllable power. Yonex' exclusive Muscle Power Technology "rounds the corners", offering the dual benefit of extra frame durability while reducing string vibration for a more solid feel on impact and transfer of full power.

backcourt
06-17-2008, 07:56 AM
Racquet Name: Yonex MP-3i
Head Size: Midplus: 95 sq. inches
Length: 27.25 inches
Composition: Ultra High Modulus Graphite, Ultimum Ti
Weight Strung: Midplus 11.2 oz.
Power Level: Low - Medium
Beam/Width: Midplus 22 - 23 mm
Balance: Head Light
Player Swing Speed: Medium - Fast
Player Stroke Style: Long
Recommended Tension: 45 - 60 lbs.
Other: Yonex Cushion Grip.
Technology: Muscle Power Technology & Isometric Head Shape

Yonex MP-3i Long
The Yonex MP-3i is a traditional players racquet without the weight. The MP-3i will provide the 4.0-6.0 level players a very solid, comfortable frame with controllable power. Yonex' exclusive Muscle Power Technology "rounds the corners", offering the dual benefit of extra frame durability while reducing string vibration for a more solid feel on impact and transfer of full power.

This racquet is from the era where Yonex weight varied by grip size (maybe we're still in that era). I was suprised that when I finally got around to weighing my 5/8 mp3i at work, with supergrap and a vib dampener it weighed in at 12.2. I later switched to a 1/2 grip with the same set up which weighed in around 11.7. So that 11.2 weight cited in the stats is a bit misleading, maybe it applies to a 3/8 with no overgrip.