PDA

View Full Version : tweener frame that doesn't need added weight

reesespiecestennis
06-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey guys before I put in the order for some demos are all of these racquets good in stock form?

Bab pure drive cortex standard
Head extreme
Becker pro
Liquidmetal radical for price reasons

Because I want a lighter racquet but want the same solid feeling or almost the same and no vibration. I don't want to add lead right now but maybe later.

Alright thanks

martin
06-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Impossible to get the same feeling with a much lighter racket but the yonex rds003 is the closest i felt.

tennis_guy
06-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I was always interested in the liquidmetal radical MP but never tried it out. It's quite different from what i'm using now though.

reesespiecestennis
06-15-2008, 03:37 PM
which racquet should I subsitute for the yonex 003?

Oh and just to point out I don't expect a player frame type of stability just something that can stand someone who hits with pace and won't twist or shake.

meowmix
06-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Head LM Instinct. (not as a sub, but it's a very stable racket)

thomasdoan
06-15-2008, 03:56 PM
I've tried the Pure Drive and Instinct. Both were stable enough to withstand the hitting. I couldn't get into any groove with the liquidmetal radical MP or OS, but maybe you will.

reesespiecestennis
06-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Ok I'm considering the instinct, it kind of looks ghetto (paintjob wise) but I don't care that much. It didn't get as good of a score as the radical did on tenniswarehouse. So I'm torn between those two, i'll probably pick one or the other.

Has anybody used the becker pro? It looks good also. I've tried the microgel extreme and was really comfortable playing with it. I guess I just didn't really give it a chance the first time, so I'll try it again.

Ljubicic for number1
06-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Old school Prince TT Bandit OS, cheap as chips and plays way above its weight.

reesespiecestennis
06-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey lfn1 my brother who pretty much doesnt know anything about tennis racquets, always buys big oversize heads bought the bandit. I thought it was gonna suck but I really liked it. Just a little too powerful for me but thanks man.

Alright I'm deciding tonight I want to demo:

Bab pure drive
Bab aero pro drive
becker pro
liquidmetal radical

pretty much the same but no extreme (looking at that racquet makes me sick really fugly if you ask me)

I also looked at the instinct but people said it's kind of bulky and not manueverable, maybe someone will have one that I can try at camp?

bamatennis07
06-15-2008, 05:20 PM
lm radical is good. i also like the mgrad.

babolat15
06-15-2008, 05:56 PM
what about the ag300???

reesespiecestennis
06-15-2008, 06:29 PM
had the aerogel 200 switching away from dunlop. Well I guess I'm not demoing anytime soon because it takes till the 17th for all of the racquets to be in. And I go to camp on the 26th. I guess that would be enough time to demo but I guess I can look at other peoples' racquets there.

I guess it will be me and my single ntour off to camp lol.

Ljubicic for number1
06-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Hey lfn1 my brother who pretty much doesnt know anything about tennis racquets, always buys big oversize heads bought the bandit. I thought it was gonna suck but I really liked it. Just a little too powerful for me but thanks man.

Alright I'm deciding tonight I want to demo:

Bab pure drive
Bab aero pro drive
becker pro
liquidmetal radical

pretty much the same but no extreme (looking at that racquet makes me sick really fugly if you ask me)

I also looked at the instinct but people said it's kind of bulky and not manueverable, maybe someone will have one that I can try at camp?

Yeah it is powerful but the massive spin potential makes it playable, I string mine with full blue gear at 68lbs and it tames it nicely. Its the most versatile tweener I have found and allows players of low to pretty high standard compete well with it.
I understand you want something more modern and more of a players stick, I do to, but the thing just performs for me, I play with lots of other racquets including prestiges, RDX 500mids, N95's etc etc but can go back to the bandit at any time without missing a beat.

reesespiecestennis
06-16-2008, 06:04 AM
But.. I can't use poly unless I buy about 6 of them and yes they're cheap but stringing them wouldn't be. I use synthetic gut or multi for price reasons. I would love to string for myself but my parents said no. Maybe I could get one for my mom because she likes oversized racquets and I'll check it out.

It's only like 50 bucks right? Couldn't hurt to try.

Ljubicic for number1
06-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah only about $50, also plays well with PSGD at high 60's but eats it up real quick.

soyizgood
06-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Wilson nTour (Two) 95
Dunlop m-Fil 400

reesespiecestennis
06-16-2008, 04:50 PM
soy i'm sorta kinda trying to go away from the even balance. I have the ntour like you and hit great with it, I just think I could get something better. Maybe a 100 head size and more open string pattern would help my game. I get the hard shots back decent but some times the frame vibrates and twists some if I hit it off center, so maybe pure drive.

I just can't resist trying one, most people don't like it but I just can't say I haven't tried one. It looks perfect for my game (kind of defense to offense kind of guy) counterpuncher I guess with medium to long strokes. I don't think I'll have arm problems and the only wrist problem was from my aerogel 200 because it was too heavy and I like using my wrist.

If I use strings like jim courier og sheep, prince synthetic gut multi, nxt do you think I will? Also would they be too powerful?

gracias

Brent Pederson
06-16-2008, 05:18 PM
LM rad mp is nice, especially w/ a leather grip and tiny bit of tape at 12 oclock. To me it feels a lot like a lighter PT 280, not quite as buttery but very crisp and precise feeling, plenty of pop, and still light enough that you can easily stay out in front of the ball...

haerdalis
06-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Fischer have some really nice and stable low weight racquets. The magnetic tour light has that solid fischer feel. It is quite low powered though.