PDA

View Full Version : ? Help Pricing used Volkl rackets ?

evw
03-26-2004, 07:38 AM
I've got a bunch of Volkl rackets I'm selling to guys on my team and need some assistance with pricing. What I'm looking for is some suggestions on "fair" prices to ask for the frames. Also any rackets that are not taken by my team mates will be placed in the TW classifieds.

I have two of each of the rackets listed below and they are all 4 1/2 grips and strung.

Tour 10 Mid Plus, only a couple of scratches on the bumper guards and no marks on the frames.

Tour 9, some scratches on the bumper gaurds and only a few marks on the frames.

Quantum 10 Tour, some scratches on the bumper guards and no marks on the frames.

In addition I've got 4 Tour 10 Mids with 4 5/8 grips that I used last season and as a result are very used. No structural problems but very scratched up. Strung with new grips and head guards though.

Thanks for the help,
Eric

NoBadMojo
03-26-2004, 07:56 AM
hi eric,
maybe 100 for the t10mp's and 50-60 for the q10's and the t10mids are a tough call..maybe just go to the for sale section of the board and see what they are asking for them there. maybe 75? ed

Rabbit
03-26-2004, 08:24 AM
I agree. It's hard to get any value out of used gear, it's akin to selling old stereo equipment. You know it's worth more than what you're asking, but nobody wants to pay for it.

AAAA
03-26-2004, 08:54 AM
The Tour 10 mid v-engine comes out and TW reduce the price of the Tour 10 mid to $99. If a Tour 10 MP v-engine is on it's way expect a similar price drop for new Tour 10 MP. Sell them quick to some sucka;-)

evw
03-26-2004, 01:03 PM
I'm not looking at taking anybody I'm just looking for a fair price.

And the tour 10 MP V engine is already out!

jayserinos99
03-26-2004, 01:07 PM
I think Ed has a good point with his pricing. Unfortunately AAAA also has a point of quickly selling your racquets...you're from the bay area, why don't you try craigslist.org to sell your stuff? You probably can get someone to buy your racquets at the price you are looking at.

Steve Huff
03-26-2004, 01:23 PM
Your ones with the 4 5/8 grips are probably worth less. Not because they're worse rackets, but the demand for them just isn't as high. Even when you look on these boards, you often see rackets with 5/8 grips have to take big markdowns to get rid of their rackets. I wouldn't think you could get more than $50 for the ones that are 5/8 that you said were well used. And if they're pretty scratched up, $50 may be pressing it. You should probably try to sell them all together (each model). ie. 2 for $$$, 4 for $$$. Good luck. And I agree with you. Don't try to scru your teammates. You'll feel better about it in the long run.

AAAA
03-26-2004, 03:23 PM
What Steve said. You and your teammates can do each other a favor. They get them from you at a good price and you get rid of them for some $$$. However is you sell to Joe Public...

NoBadMojo
03-26-2004, 03:26 PM
or...you could always swap out the pallets on these 5/8 bats and give them whatever grip size they want. Ed

Ronaldo
03-26-2004, 03:33 PM
evw, checkout **** completed auctions on those racquets. For some reason Volkl racquets are not bringing many bids. Probably due to those new models.

evw
03-29-2004, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the input. Sold all of them this weekend.