PDA

View Full Version : college subforum

kctennis1005
06-19-2008, 09:54 PM
i think you guys should start a collegiate tennis subforum. it would be a place to talk about college rankings, local matches, recruiting, coaches of teams, players, etc and would expand the forum membership as a lot more junior players and collegiate players would post on the forums

cujays
06-20-2008, 05:07 AM
i second this

BeHappy
06-20-2008, 05:49 AM
I second that emotion.

bluetrain4
06-20-2008, 06:16 AM
A really good idea. Lots to talk about in college tennis, which doesn't really apply to general Adult Leagues and Tournaments or Junior Tennis.

cujays
06-20-2008, 08:32 AM
A really good idea. Lots to talk about in college tennis, which doesn't really apply to general Adult Leagues and Tournaments or Junior Tennis.

exactly
thank you

Fedace
06-20-2008, 08:34 AM
CONGRATS to KJ Hippensteel for qualifying in Doubles at the BIG W. I think he has a good draw and could make some noise there.

kctennis1005
06-22-2008, 03:40 PM
i guess the tw staff isnt gonna respond to this one...

Fedace
06-22-2008, 03:42 PM
i guess the tw staff isnt gonna respond to this one...

Maybe there is just not enough interest in college tennis ?? I know most people here just talk about pro tennis and very seldom, college.

Voltron
06-22-2008, 03:53 PM
What happens on this forum is the the TW Staff tend to look first at threads that have no responses. (I would assume they think other staff members have already replied and it's taken care of) This usually works just fine, because most times everyone doesn't jump in and respond until it's been answered, but sometimes it goes wrong, like this thread. That's why I put the good ol "Please don't respond until TW Staff responds" number in at the top. So I'd suggest you repost and include that in at the top.

ryohazuki222
06-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Agree with Voltron.

Also agree with the OP. College age tennis players kinda get left out of the tennis loop. There's juniors and old ppl.... and thats about it. If you try and play tennis outside of campus -- ie, getting into the city's leagues and such... it's usually old(er) ppl.

My friends that have graduated college constantly complain to me about this... they find it hard to get in a tennis group around there age...

WBF
06-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Agree with Voltron.

Also agree with the OP. College age tennis players kinda get left out of the tennis loop. There's juniors and old ppl.... and thats about it. If you try and play tennis outside of campus -- ie, getting into the city's leagues and such... it's usually old(er) ppl.

My friends that have graduated college constantly complain to me about this... they find it hard to get in a tennis group around there age...

I had this same trouble. Just play in a few tournaments and socialize with your opponent (afterwards) and the other players. Eventually found the league where all the good local players play (barring the few at the 5.5+ level, but these guys all show up at the tourneys and typically teach or don't have time to meet and play with new unknown players).

kctennis1005
06-26-2008, 10:12 PM
tw staff....please look at and comment on this thread

TW Staff
06-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Forum now added.

Chris, TW.

SFrazeur
06-27-2008, 05:00 PM
A very good addition.

-SF

kctennis1005