PDA

View Full Version : Serena Makes Her Nike Debut / New Womens Breathe Free II's

Foo4Everlong
03-26-2004, 09:52 AM
Serena has made her Nike debut on the courts of the Nasdaq Open in Miami, FL. Let me say this has to be THE STRANGEST tennis outfitt I've ever seen. Looks like she going for the "Superwoman" theme with the metallic mid-section thing. But she is wearing the new Nike Zoom Air Breathe Free II's in the women's version, so that's something to look forward to in the men's/women's. I liked the present version of the Breathe Free's a little better, but things are going to change whether I like it or not. I wonder if the men will start to wear the new Nike line that is suppose to be out in a week. Quess we'll have to wait and see. Anyways, here are some pics of Serena's bizarre outfitt. http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/CFW/imageResults.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState|1|60|1| 3124490|0|0|0|0|&p=2

@wright
03-26-2004, 12:45 PM
I'd play tennis in that outfit for the wad she got in that deal with nike.

rommil
03-26-2004, 02:34 PM
It's too bad she had to quit Puma and go to Nike( I'm sure she had her "reasons"). Puma is more and hip and edgy and I thought Serena was one of the players who fit that image and personality. Now she is wearing something that looks like it was made in Roswell.

Andy Zarzuela
03-27-2004, 05:33 AM
Serena designed that dress herself. I doubt any other players would wear that gaudy thing. Venus has much better taste.
________
Fix ps3 (http://fixps3.info/)

Kevin T
03-27-2004, 05:58 AM
Puma is more hip and makes some stylish clothes but outside of their soccer boots, their shoes are terrible. No durability, hard soles, the heels dig into your tendons. Puma tennis shoes last ~2 weeks on hard courts. Bball pro Vince Carter got out of his Puma contract after the first year because the shoes hurt his dogs too much. I hate Nike but they do make comfy shoes.

Ronaldo
03-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Guess Serena decided to anchor the nikegoddess website instead of wearing the beach volleyball gear that can bring the stadium down.

@wright
03-27-2004, 09:04 PM
I definitely have to agree that Serena has worn the most bizarre outfits of any tennis player-ever! We could interpret that as lack of respect for the game I guess, she just likes to be the center of attention and have people talking.

Foo4Everlong
03-28-2004, 05:02 PM
The smaller and smaller her outfitts get, the more and more she looks like a man in a dress. I mean, she tries to look so feminine in her outfitts, but she seems to look just the opposite. She's too muscular for girlie, girlie outfitts. She wears the chandalier earrings during her matches, which look more annoying having them on, than glamorous. Serena, you want to look feminine, try not lifting so many weights. Then maybe you'll look like a woman in your tennis outfitts. Later