PDA

View Full Version : PLS comment on Ti classic, ti radical, i radical, TT warrior

Tenny
03-26-2004, 09:53 AM
Hi all

Currently Ti radical OS is my choice of weapon. Maybe it's the string (head RIP control I believe) but anyway, I feel very comfortable with this racquet. Recently I bought an i radical OS and a TT warrior OS. I am considering buying a Ti classic (good price and excellent reviews) or Ti radical MP. Can anyone comment on these racquets? How do you like it? Which string is good for them etc.

1. Ti radical OS
2. Ti radical MP
3. Ti classic (quite intrigued)
4. i Radical OS
5. Prince TT warrior OS

I will appreciate your comment! Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Tenny.

radical tourist
03-26-2004, 06:55 PM
I've never played with the TiClassic but expect it has less pop than a Rad. Same for the Rad MP vs the OS. The Warrior has much to recommend it but probably less pop than the Rads and noticeably slower at net. The iRad feels different, a bit tinny, because it lacks the Twin Tube feature of other Rads. the TiRad is the best of your picks, especially if you bump it up to about 255 swingweight minus grip, grommets and string. Very solid, predictable feel.

newbie123
03-27-2004, 01:47 PM
is the Ti.Radical OS like what the review says on this site? i've heard many good things about it....but the review seems to show it lacks several different things

Ronaldo
03-27-2004, 04:17 PM
You picked the best of the bunch, Ti. Classic feels like a heavier Ti. Radical.

nvared
03-27-2004, 04:50 PM
I personally like and play with the Ti Classic. The Ti Rad-too light, the TT Warrior (sprayed the ball everywhere) but the Ti Classic with some lead in the handle-just right!!!

A softer, 17 gauge works best IMO. I like Klip Scorcher in it, Klip Synthetic Gut or Tech. Matrix 17 is pretty decent in it too.

kreative
03-27-2004, 08:58 PM
i felt the ti.classic had less power than the ti.rad OS, and it's denser string pattern (18x20) may not appeal to many looking for a "spin friendly" racquet. decent racquet imo.

ti.rad mp just felt way too light for me. i liked the i.rad better, but still not much.

tt warrior, i thought was a good frame. nice open pattern put nice spin on the ball, and slices had good bite. slice and kick serves worked well and volleying felt nice. i think i'd be playing w/ them if they didn't have a tendency to crack at the throat.

Radical Shot
03-28-2004, 01:47 AM
The iRadical is definately stiffer than the TiRadical. This equates to a little more power, however I believe that they have the same control. A little harder on the elbow though. The iRadical has a great cushioned feel also.

The TiRadical MP are great, however they are too light for me in stock form. They are a great feeling racquet. Cushioned, dense and great control. Topspin is no problem with Lux TiMo 18g for me.

I would also like to try the TiClassic.
________
how to roll joints (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

Big D
03-28-2004, 06:08 AM
The Ti Rad is not a lighter version of the Ti Classic. the classic is tinnier and heavier. It's got slightly less power also. Essentially a stiffer pro tour 280. I never liked the classic but then again, I used the austrian version of the PT 280. The Ti Rad plays more stable than its weight but still light for many players' standards.

AC
03-29-2004, 02:11 PM
I liked the TiClassic...it really is a rather "classic" players frame. I'd say it was a helpful notch up in power, stiffness, and forgiveness from the Prestige Tour 600 (which is also a great frame). That said, it is not by any means a powerful frame...still decent heft, dense string pattern, and you have to take a pretty decent swing at the ball.

Loud
03-29-2004, 08:58 PM
The Ti Pro Tour is very similar to the Ti Classic as well but marketed in Europe and Canada but in blue, like the original PT 280.