PDA

View Full Version : Oversize players racquets

Greg_in_Atlanta
06-22-2008, 05:41 AM
In the review of the Agassi Limited Edition review, Brad made the following comment in his summary:

Brad. "It's a shame that there aren't more oversized player's racquets on the market like this one. We tested this racquet against five other oversized player's racquets on the market and I found the Agassi Radical Limited Edition to be my favorite. The thing that the Radical had that the others didn't was a good balance of power, control and stability."

I'm in the market for an oversize player's racquet and it sounds like TW reviewed many of the ones on the market. Was hoping to find which 5 were reviewed. Was an actual comparison between the 5 ever written up anywhere?

Would greatly appreciate any addition information on the comparative strengths and weaknesses of each.

Thanks,

Greg

meowmix
06-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Anything on this page has been reviewed:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/reviewedproducts.html

I'm taking a guess and saying the MG Rad, FXP Rad, LM Rad, POGOS, Donnay Pro 1 Int. OS, Agassi OS, Wilson nTour OS, NXG OS, O3 Tour OS... That's def more than 5.

Colpo
06-24-2008, 07:30 AM
If you consider a 105 to be an OS, I'd recommend at least trying the recent Fischer Pro Ones in that headsize. Specifically, the '06-'07 Mag. Speed Pro One 105 SL or UL, or the current M Pro 105 in its one available weight. I think they're beautifully balanced with great ball control and ball feel, all very solid. Some don't like the grip shape because of the lack of a butt cap "bump," but I think that just makes transistioning grips that much easier. The Mag. Speeds are now selling for a song, too.

atatu
06-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Give the Avery a demo, you might be pleasantly surprised.