PDA

View Full Version : Poll - Which is the best Barricade?

netman
06-23-2008, 04:19 PM
The II, the IV or the V? (the III was obviously a failed experiment)

Inquiring minds want to know.

I vote for the IV, with the II a close second.

-k-

IceNineTX
06-23-2008, 05:15 PM

-k-

Wow, I LOVE my IIIs! Maybe I don't know what I am missing...

Klatu Verata Necktie
06-23-2008, 05:42 PM
My choice is the II. The V comes close, and the III and IV are too heavy. I don't have any experience with the I.

By the way, it might makes things easier to include a poll.

Duzza
06-23-2008, 06:00 PM
The Barricade VI.

greenfan
06-24-2008, 12:20 AM
The Barricade VI.

I'm waiting for these too, but untoll now I have only wore the IV......

DarthCow
06-24-2008, 12:36 AM
My IV pairs seem to last for ages

Duzza
06-24-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm waiting for these too, but untoll now I have only wore the IV......

:D exactly the same. The 5s just did not look like a great enough improvement for me.

rabidcow
06-28-2008, 05:40 PM
The V's are a world better than the IV's and III's IMO. I never liked the ways the II's felt on my feet

Josherer
06-28-2008, 09:38 PM
The fours were :)

Just because it was such a great improvment.

officerdibble
06-29-2008, 02:54 AM
Tough one. I've worn the IIs and the IVs. The IIs always fit me like gloves straight out the box; I can put a new pair on and go and play five sets and my feet will be fine.

The first time I wore my IVs it was almost painful. The fit was fine but they just took so much more breaking in.

However, now that they're broken in (probably three hours of hitting), the IVs feel super-solid (in a good way) and stable, whereas the IIs feel a bit 'lightweight' in comparison.

I have some new IIs in the box as my next pair, and I prefer wearing the IIs as general purpose trainers (sneakers) once they're dead for tennis, so I may stick with them unless I feel I'm really missing something when I change back.

Having sprained my ankle recently (I'm back playing again with a brace) it may be that the solid feel of the IVs is the way to go.

I think the IVs last slightly longer, for what it's worth.

Pick what you can out of that!

AndrewD
07-02-2008, 12:30 AM

-k-

I'll second that.

I was looking forward to the Barricade V but when I put it to the flex test ( put one hand on the toe and one on the heel then bend the shoe. The further the flex/bend point is towards the heel the worse the shoe will be for your foot) I was absolutely stunned to find it bending almost right through the middle. The Barricade IV, on the other hand, bends up near the toe which is where you want the flex point to be. Looks like they've made the V a bit lighter and not quite as rigid as the IV but, in doing so, they've made it a less supportive fit.

Hot Sauce
07-02-2008, 01:27 AM
I'll second that.

I was looking forward to the Barricade V but when I put it to the flex test ( put one hand on the toe and one on the heel then bend the shoe. The further the flex/bend point is towards the heel the worse the shoe will be for your foot) I was absolutely stunned to find it bending almost right through the middle. The Barricade IV, on the other hand, bends up near the toe which is where you want the flex point to be. Looks like they've made the V a bit lighter and not quite as rigid as the IV but, in doing so, they've made it a less supportive fit.

And all this time I thought that shoes were supposed to have cushion, durability, and traction. I don't want to sound like I'm challenging or disagreeing with you, but could you explain the logic of the 'flex test' corresponding with shoe quality?

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
07-02-2008, 09:09 AM
The Barricade VI.

do u guys know where some pics of these are, like the prototypes?

topspin2win
07-02-2008, 09:16 AM
The II's are my favorite. My IV's seem to flex in the wrong place and seem really slippery on hardcourts.

Leelord337
07-02-2008, 09:27 AM
My choice is the II. The V comes close, and the III and IV are too heavy. I don't have any experience with the I.

By the way, it might makes things easier to include a poll.
U like the III the best. I agree: add a poll to this thread

nytennisaddict
07-02-2008, 09:47 AM
II's.

The IV's and V's have caused me to switch to Prince.

Klatu Verata Necktie
07-02-2008, 10:04 AM

No. My favorite model Barricade is the II. I think they struck the best balance between stability, comfort, and weight.

DizBoiDanny
07-02-2008, 12:44 PM
i say V becuase that was the only one i wore. hahah

TNT16
07-02-2008, 12:59 PM

-k-

The III.

I have used B1, B2, B3, B4 and then went back to the B3 -- yes they are heavy but provide the best stability, durability, comfort *and* foot and knee protection (going back to the B3 caused tendonitis which I had developed in my knees wearing the B4s to go away after a few weeks).

federer envies me
07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
definetly, the Vs

ezdude1970
07-03-2008, 07:23 AM

i am with you guys, III are the best shoes hands down!

allrightguy
07-03-2008, 08:06 AM
I'd have to say my faves are teh V's, followed by teh II's. I had always worn the II's until last summer I started having huge blister issues. Then I switched to the Babolat Propulse for a while, but my feet and ankles hurt because there wasn't enoguh between my feet adn the groudn. I recently swithced to the V's (love them, not the break-in time :p) and they're great for me. I think I didn't liek the III's or the IV's because they always slipped on my heel a lot. The V's just seem shaped perfectly for my horrible feet and are great on court. Teh one thing is that they wear down a lot quicker than other teenis shoes I've worn before. I still wear my old II's for yard work or just runnin around town, they're probably the most comfortable ones.

IceNineTX
07-03-2008, 08:13 AM
The III.

I have used B1, B2, B3, B4 and then went back to the B3 -- yes they are heavy but provide the best stability, durability, comfort *and* foot and knee protection (going back to the B3 caused tendonitis which I had developed in my knees wearing the B4s to go away after a few weeks).

Finally, a kindred soul! My IIIs are soooo comfy. They took a long time to break in. I wore them casually for a while before wearing them on the court. But they are way more comfortable and stable to me than my Nike BF IIs.

But I can't find them anymore, so I'll be switching soon. My soles are slick and some parts of them are only held together by gorilla glue. I'm having a hard time shelling out $110 for BVs as my BIIIs were like $45 on clearance from golf_smith.

netman
07-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Just bought a pair of Vs on sale. They definitely felt lighter than the IVs and also a touch narrower in the cut. Look forward to trying them out.

-k-

ezdude1970
07-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Finally, a kindred soul! My IIIs are soooo comfy. They took a long time to break in. I wore them casually for a while before wearing them on the court. But they are way more comfortable and stable to me than my Nike BF IIs.

But I can't find them anymore, so I'll be switching soon. My soles are slick and some parts of them are only held together by gorilla glue. I'm having a hard time shelling out $110 for BVs as my BIIIs were like $45 on clearance from golf_smith.

i got 2 pairs of III from texpress less than 1 month ago, check them out, they might still have them!

the wise wizard
07-03-2008, 10:05 AM
i'd say the v, but only by a little, the 2s are a very close 2nd. the fours were way to heavy and not well ventillated

NotAtTheNet
07-03-2008, 10:56 AM
the II's with the midtop... great support on my ankles FTW

IceNineTX
07-03-2008, 11:55 AM
i got 2 pairs of III from texpress less than 1 month ago, check them out, they might still have them!

I live by them and they didn't have any last time I was there. But I do see the black/white ones now. Tempting. If they had the silver ones, I would pull the trigger today. Thanks!