PDA

View Full Version : What's the inside out shot?

Tenny
03-26-2004, 10:09 AM
I read it here and there but couldn't figure out.
Please let me know.

kreative
03-26-2004, 10:18 AM
like running around your backhand to hit a forehand to the opponent's backhand corner.

Bungalo Bill
03-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Pretend a ball is near your backhand side to be hit. It is suspended in mid-air (I am assuming your talking about an inside-out forehand). Your footwork would make a C around the ball or an arc to get to the other side to hit a forehand instead. In fact, that is what your suppose to do with your footwork is make an arc around the ball to the other side of it to hit a forehand. Obviously, you can do this with a backhand to.

@wright
03-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Couldn't you just describe an inside out forehand(if you are a righty) as hitting a forehand where the ball goes forward and to the right instead of cross court or down the line?

Bungalo Bill
03-26-2004, 11:12 PM
As long as you execute the inside out forehand properly and you want to use those words to help you cement it in your mind to understand it - then use what you need to help you understand it.

Mahboob Khan
03-27-2004, 07:44 AM
When you hit forehand from your backhand position (ad court) to the backhand of your opponent (ad court), this is called inside out forehand. Australians call it "off forehand".

When you hit forehand from your backhand position (ad court) to the forehand side of your opponent (deuce court), this is called inside in forehand.

When you hit backhand from your forehand position (deuce court) to your opponent's forehand (deuce court), this is called inside out backhand or "off" backhand.