PDA

View Full Version : Short Prince OV-1 Review

Bottle Rocket
06-24-2008, 07:05 PM
I was a pretty big fan of the MV4's... In fact, I had 4 pairs of them. I also had a pair of MC4's as well as MS4's. They all fit me perfectly, but I especially liked the MV4. I recently bought the new Barricades to give them a shot, maybe get a little more durabilty, but it was a mistake. I wrote a review on the MV4 quite a while ago that should come up in a search if anyone is interested. I also think I have explained my dislike for the Barricades elsewhere in this forum.

I just bought the OC-1's a few days ago and played for a little over 3 hours with them tonight. Cosmetically, the previous MV4's look better. These shoes sort of look like a joke, although I think I am getting used to it. I may end up liking them. Either way, it is not that big of a deal for me.

They are not as stable or as "solid" feeling as the original MV4. It almost feels like a running shoe. It has significantly better cushioning than the first MV4, but less stability (still the low to the ground feeling, though). It feels very light. Ventilation is good, as you might expect. Even though I think the previous MV4 might be a better shoe, I still like these more than the slightly worn Barricades sitting on the floor under me.

Once I get a whole bunch of time on them, I'll give you all an update on how the cushioning and everything else holds up. Oh yeah, for the record, they come with the same incredible crappy shoe laces that other Prince shoes come with.

pfchang
06-24-2008, 08:08 PM
honestly, i think dem O-SAY Ones
look better. esp. the red-black ones

but the cushioning is nice

El Guapo
06-24-2008, 09:03 PM
They may "feel" light but the numbers don't lie. They're heavy shoes.