PDA

View Full Version : is my racket performance getting worse due to my old strings

Feņa14
03-26-2004, 02:34 PM
My POG's performance is getting worse! could this be because I have had my Prince syn. gut in for 2 years.

I have no control, no power, an awful "tingy" noise, serious pain in my arm and no spin. It was strung originally at #58.

Unfortunately because I live in England I have nowhere to go to get it strung, i have had to go to my cousins 24 inch dunlop as the strings are fresher and as you can immagine I can't play my best with a toy!

I need help!

Liam

PhatAbbott
03-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Are you taking the ****? They do have stringers in england you know...

Ronaldo
03-26-2004, 04:28 PM
How can anyone get 2 years on strings in a POG. I barely get 5-10 HOURS! Those 2 yr old strings are like dry spaghetti by now.

Gaines Hillix
03-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Liam, put some string savers in there....it'll tighten up the strings for a couple of sets. :-)

uk_skippy
03-27-2004, 04:10 AM
What happened to your LM prestige Liam?? Or your i.Prestige??

Feņa14
03-27-2004, 07:43 AM
UK_Skippy,

The racket that I use the most is my LM Prestige, but I only have one untill I can save up for another, so my old POG is currently my number 2 choice, we all know you can't play tournaments with just 1 racket.

But it's not much use with the duff strings.

Hope this answers your questions.

Liam

joe sch
03-27-2004, 08:03 AM
The good news is that POGs provide decades of superb performance. The bad news is that the quality of most strings seriously degrade over weeks & months of play. BTW, natural gut strings provide top level play for much longer periods of time, infact I have played 25 year old woodies strung with Victor gut and they still play great :D

AndyC
03-31-2004, 04:05 AM
two years?? heh I'm lucky if I get 6 weeks with a set of strings. have had my current set of strings for 3 weeks and already the crosses show 30% fray if not more. but then again I do play 2-3x a week and play with a lot of spin off both sides.

Loud
03-31-2004, 04:09 AM
UK_Skippy,

The racket that I use the most is my LM Prestige, but I only have one untill I can save up for another, so my old POG is currently my number 2 choice, we all know you can't play tournaments with just 1 racket.

But it's not much use with the duff strings.

Hope this answers your questions.

Liam

How can you play tournaments with two year old string?

tarheelbornjohn
03-31-2004, 05:50 AM
Get the thing strung, or borrow someones for backup and send it to get a new string job. Or if you can borrow it long enough, put the string money in your fund for the second Prestige.

Craig Sheppard
03-31-2004, 06:16 AM
Liam,

Just a quick search through Google and I came up with these two places:

An indoor tennis centre, http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/GenerateContent?CONTENT_ITEM_ID=357&CONTENT_ITEM_T YPE=7&MENU_ID=10676

And a lawn tennis club,
http://www.streetlytennisclub.co.uk/index.html

Both are in the Birmingham, UK area. Either place would do racquet stringing for you, and if not, they certainly would know places in your area that would. It's unbelievable that a city the size of Birmingham does not have racquet stringers. With all these courts being used, someone has to be stringing racquets!

Get that POG restrung pronto.

Good luck,
-Craig

Feņa14
03-31-2004, 06:24 AM
Cheers Craig!

I'll give it a go.

Thanks again,

Liam