PDA

View Full Version : Post pics of your tennis sunglasses

Blask
06-29-2008, 07:37 AM
The Summer sun is starting to bother me on serves so I'm shopping for a good pair of sunglasses to wear while playing. I have a 3 pairs but are all too heavy and don't vent well for sports

What kind do you wear and if you have any pics they would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

ClubHoUno
06-29-2008, 08:53 AM
I just use the Bollé Competivision Vigilante sunglasses and they are great - haven't got any pics of them, and they're in my tennis bag, which is in my basement - so I'll just cut & paste a pic from the TW site :D

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/ProductImages/BCVG.JPG

I have the black version.......but with the blueish/teal green Competivision lenses.....

HoboWithARolex
06-29-2008, 10:14 AM
i had a pair of really nice nikes i liked a ton but they fell into the lake jetskiing about a month after buying em

benne
07-01-2008, 06:07 PM
i used to have nice sunglasses, but they always end up wrecked...:( i wear a hat always anyway.

P.S. hobo, get back to me on an email or name or something heh.

Voltron
07-01-2008, 06:16 PM
I have a few pairs of Oakley Half-Jackets, but I don't wear them for tennis. Seriously guys, how can you play tennis with sunglasses on? More importantly, how can you guys play tennis with sunglasses on and not look like a jackass? ;)

Char
07-01-2008, 07:04 PM
I have a number of Oakleys for cycling. Sometimes I wear sunglasses for playing tennis when the sun is directly in my eyes, although its really quite rare. I dont care if someone thinks I look like a jackass, by the way. I can see, very well, in the circumstances where it warrants, which is around 5% of the time, if that, and that's all I care about. The other 95% of the time you are honestly better off without them, imho. I see the ball more clearly without sunglasses, so rarely wear them. Has nothing to do with what other people think. ;)

Anyway, to post pictures in a picture thread, I choose these, as I usually have them courtside, if only to wear driving to and from the courts, if not during one of the 5% periods. I hate hats/visors, so never wear those.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/aeralure/oakley_half_j.jpg

supermario343
07-01-2008, 07:36 PM
I dont use any to play tennis but I am going to buy ray bans or lacoste shades for regular use :) lol

N23
07-02-2008, 07:08 AM
I wear sunglasses all the time. I can't see playing without them. Well, I have work glasses for pretty much most of my life. Maybe my nose is getting lonely.

But I wear Oakely Juliet's with the rose lens or Gargoyles Legends II. Never seem to bother me.

Blask
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM
I definitely would prefer to not play in them but a lot of times the sun is too brutal to not use them. I normally wear a hat as well but sometimes in the evenings the sun is in a spot where you are looking right in to it on serves. I also do not care what I look like playing in them.

GokuQ
07-03-2008, 12:44 PM
sorry no pix, but the oakley radars are the best glasses i've ever used for tennis

1/2 jax are good, but they fog up too much, where the radars, esp the vented lenses don't fog at all

Blask
07-03-2008, 03:38 PM
sorry no pix, but the oakley radars are the best glasses i've ever used for tennis

1/2 jax are good, but they fog up too much, where the radars, esp the vented lenses don't fog at all

Which Radar's do you have? I know there are several types (Range, Pitch, Path, etc)

babolatisduhbomb
07-05-2008, 10:04 PM
i use some very nice nikes and i love them

spkyEngrish
07-09-2008, 01:19 AM
Oakley Square Wire 2.0s - nice and thin frame. Oakley Bottlecaps were more comfortable, but I didn't dig the funky tan it gave me.

As far as "looking like a jack*****", unless it's a smokin' hot woman, I could give a jack's ***** what most people in this world think...:twisted:

Lendl and Federer Fan
07-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Which one do you actually wear when you play tennis, I have the classic Ray Ban, but I can not wear it when I serve, so I am looking for one for playing tennis. So which one is better, Oakley or Nike or others? Please post pictures. :)

Cyclone
07-11-2008, 10:41 AM

goku, the half-jackets that you tried, did they have the hydrophobic coating on them? i sweat a lot, so i'm worried that my glasses will fog up, and to be honest i'd rather by the half-jackets or flak-jackets than the radars because the radars are even more expensive.

Caloi
07-11-2008, 12:46 PM
I always wear sunglasses, even playing tennis. I wear the Smith Toaster Sliders:
http://www.sunglasses-int.com/images/items/275x275/TSPC3NBK.jpg

I like them but need to order some new lenses one of these days. I've had the frames for 5 years and my polarized lenses for 3. The frames were $100 and the lenses were $50.

If you're not looking to spend that much, I don't know what to suggest. I like spending money on my eyes. The polarized glasses I wear for fly fishing were about $330.:shock:

Blask
07-11-2008, 02:38 PM
I always wear sunglasses, even playing tennis. I wear the Smith Toaster Sliders:
http://www.sunglasses-int.com/images/items/275x275/TSPC3NBK.jpg

I like them but need to order some new lenses one of these days. I've had the frames for 5 years and my polarized lenses for 3. The frames were $100 and the lenses were $50.

If you're not looking to spend that much, I don't know what to suggest. I like spending money on my eyes. The polarized glasses I wear for fly fishing were about $330.:shock:

I agree with you, I don't skimp on sunglasses. I have 3 pairs but none that are for sports. I like the pair you show but I wonder if they'll fog up, it doesn't appear that they have good ventilation

Lucy Brown
07-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Sunglasses are a pain if you sweat a lot like I do. I cant even go a few holes playing golf without getting sweat on them. Forget about tennis. After 2 games my shades are soaked. I dont bother.

Caloi
07-22-2008, 02:34 PM
I agree with you, I don't skimp on sunglasses. I have 3 pairs but none that are for sports. I like the pair you show but I wonder if they'll fog up, it doesn't appear that they have good ventilation

The only time mine have fogged up is when I've hiked a long distance in the freezing cold. My body heat was high and the air temp was in the 30's=FOG!

For tennis, I've yet to have the problem. I like the replacable lenses and you don't need polarized obviously (I used them for fishing years ago). THey have a great color choice too, both frames and lenses!

Also, they don't ride close to the face, instead they sit just off the face but have the rubber on the nose and behind the ears.

The only complaint I have is when looking down you see the frame. It took some getting used to, similar to bifocal wearers.

fridrix
07-22-2008, 03:33 PM
I have some $100 Smiths; they block my peripheral vision and the lenses scratch easily. :(