PDA

View Full Version : Tsonga's blade??

Harry24
06-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Which one does he actually use? TW and wilson say he uses the 98 but the pictures of his racquet look like the tour version. The tour version dosent have the "[K]arophite Black" on a background of white. Also, TW says that Mathieu uses the tour version when the pics of Mathieu show him using the K98, clearly visible on the racquet is white paint not found on the tour.

Im very confused.....:-?:-?

Automatix
06-30-2008, 02:52 AM
Tsonga uses somekind of Hyper ProStaff... maybe a 6.5? But not a Blade... Blades don't have PWS.

the Town Sherif
06-30-2008, 07:39 AM
correct,

he uses a wilson hyper pro staff 6.5

Harry24
06-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Tsonga uses somekind of Hyper ProStaff... maybe a 6.5? But not a Blade... Blades don't have PWS.
That figures all the pros nowadays use older models but have painjobs on them, what is PWS?

KFactor27
06-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Perimeter weighting system

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/vtech/WILSONTECH/PWS_IMG.JPG

Harry24
06-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Perimeter weighting system

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/vtech/WILSONTECH/PWS_IMG.JPG

O ok got it now:). So apparently alot of the older racquets are better than most of todays. Hewitt apparently switched back to the new version of the RDS 001 from the RQiS 1 Tour. This gets very confusing.

Automatix
06-30-2008, 09:44 AM
O ok got it now:). So apparently alot of the older racquets are better than most of todays. Hewitt apparently switched back to the new version of the RDS 001 from the RQiS 1 Tour. This gets very confusing.

Hewitt doesn't play with the RDS 001... he plays with a Super RD Tour 90.

Harry24
06-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Hewitt doesn't play with the RDS 001... he plays with a Super RD Tour 90.
Ok exactly what I meant its too confusing.......he used to play with RDS001(yellow one), then he supposedly made the switch to the RQiS 1 tour and now you say hes using that racquet. Is there anybody on the pro tour that actually plays with the racquet that it looks like they have(pj's)??

Automatix
06-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Ok exactly what I meant its too confusing.......he used to play with RDS001(yellow one), then he supposedly made the switch to the RQiS 1 tour and now you say hes using that racquet. Is there anybody on the pro tour that actually plays with the racquet that it looks like they have(pj's)??

Hewitt never used the RDS 001... it was always the Super RD Tour but with a RDS 001 paintjob. He did use the RQiS 1 though but switched back.

Harry24
06-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Hewitt never used the RDS 001... it was always the Super RD Tour but with a RDS 001 paintjob. He did use the RQiS 1 though but switched back.

O ok well TW dosent have that racquet, it must be an older model. Like I said are there any pros on the tour that actually use the racquet that it looks like??(Nadal maybe??)of course he might customize it but im talking about paint jobs of new racquets on older ones

bladepdb
06-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Very close on the Nadal call lol. Nadal uses the original Aeropro Drive, WITHOUT the Cortex. So he's not that far off from what he's marketing. Roddick also uses the Pure Drive Roddick, but without the Cortex again. Davydenko does use the Prince Ozone Tour lol, but that's the only big player I know off the top of my head right now.

To my knowledge several new-coming players on the WTA use the racquet they're advertising. However I'm not 100% sure on this so I don't want to start a firestorm lol.

You can of course bet that many of the players using Prince racquets are legitimately using the ones they're advertised to use. Very easy to tell by the Ozone/O3/Speedport holes.

Oh I can also safely guess that Baghdatis uses the racquet he's marketing lol, on account of switching from Fischer to Tecnifibre and all :) Of coures it's still a guess.

Harry24
06-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Very close on the Nadal call lol. Nadal uses the original Aeropro Drive, WITHOUT the Cortex. So he's not that far off from what he's marketing. Roddick also uses the Pure Drive Roddick, but without the Cortex again. Davydenko does use the Prince Ozone Tour lol, but that's the only big player I know off the top of my head right now.

To my knowledge several new-coming players on the WTA use the racquet they're advertising. However I'm not 100% sure on this so I don't want to start a firestorm lol.

You can of course bet that many of the players using Prince racquets are legitimately using the ones they're advertised to use. Very easy to tell by the Ozone/O3/Speedport holes.

Oh I can also safely guess that Baghdatis uses the racquet he's marketing lol, on account of switching from Fischer to Tecnifibre and all :) Of coures it's still a guess.
Dangg well i personally think they should avertise what they're playing with but i guess the sponsor pays em for it i guess. On the AeroPro Drive I think the cortex version is so so so much better than the original so Nadal can have his original haha.

KFactor27
07-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Is there anybody on the pro tour that actually plays with the racquet that it looks like they have(pj's)??
Yea there are some but many use older racquets that they are comfortable with.