PDA

View Full Version : why you can't find any asics resolutions??

tnkGod4tns
06-30-2008, 08:53 AM
on any tennis stores, i live in the bay area (east bay) and called around can't seem to find any stores that carries them, i want to try and fit them and see what all the fuss is all about, mainly interested in the fit, a lot of people say go up 1/2 size, i wear level 2 thorlos.

federer envies me
06-30-2008, 09:06 AM
asics is not a really popular tennis shoe company

mdork
06-30-2008, 09:11 AM
just order up a pair and if they dont fit send em back...free return shipping and no wasted gas. i would definitely give them a shot...best shoes for my feet. hoping TW will get the black in 12.5 for me :D

nyc
06-30-2008, 09:23 AM
I have a pair and got them true to size, fits well with Thorlo level 3. Only thing to consider is that the Toe box is pretty narrow.

SempreSami
06-30-2008, 09:32 AM
asics is not a really popular tennis shoe company

Utter rubbish imo.

stules
06-30-2008, 03:29 PM
I can't find them anywhere on the net for sale. All out of stock in my size.
I am keen to try a pair.

Klatu Verata Necktie
06-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Utter rubbish imo.

He meant they're not popular shoes for use in the sport of tennis. Asics are religiously used by runners. There's no doubt they are among the best running shoes out there, but they have only recently begun to make inroads into the tennis market.

Il Mostro
06-30-2008, 06:00 PM
The cognoscenti here have advised me that the Gel Res fit similarly to the other Asics tennis shoes. So if you go to a sporting goods store you stand a good chance of finding something like a Gel Advantage and can use that as a guide. Sports Chalet has the Gel Advantage so if you have one near you you can use it for a "fitting".

Richie Rich
07-01-2008, 07:17 PM
He meant they're not popular shoes for use in the sport of tennis. Asics are religiously used by runners. There's no doubt they are among the best running shoes out there, but they have only recently begun to make inroads into the tennis market.

actually they have made tennis shoes for years. they are a pretty popular brand outside the US for other sports, racquet sports in particular

rommil
07-01-2008, 07:48 PM

Running and also kicking Yakuza @ss(yellow sportsbike optional).