PDA

View Full Version : asics shoe size?

xpaulinabearx
06-30-2008, 05:12 PM
What's the sizing for asic tennis shoes?
I'm a 7.5 in womens. Should I get half a size bigger?

curvefan
06-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure about womens shoe sizing but in mens the Asics were true to size for me.

Some people are saying that if you have a very wide foot you might want to move up a half size. They also seem to think the Asics have a narrow toe box.

I just got my Asics and can tell you they fit me perfect. I ordered the same size as I do in other brands and there were no problems with the fit.

I also don't see the narrow toe box. I have a medium to slightly wide foot.

So, my advice would be to order the same size you always wear.

Good luck

xpaulinabearx
06-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure about womens shoe sizing but in mens the Asics were true to size for me.

Some people are saying that if you have a very wide foot you might want to move up a half size. They also seem to think the Asics have a narrow toe box.

I just got my Asics and can tell you they fit me perfect. I ordered the same size as I do in other brands and there were no problems with the fit.

I also don't see the narrow toe box. I have a medium to slightly wide foot.

So, my advice would be to order the same size you always wear.

Good luck

Thanks alot (:

curvefan
06-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks alot (:

You're welcome.

SJP
07-01-2008, 03:00 PM
I went up a half size in the gel resolutions. My usual size did fit but was a bit snug. I've played in both pairs but I prefer the pair that is the half size up.

Storm_Kyori
07-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I just got my Gel Challengers and I'm glad I went 1/2 size up. I have a medium to wide foot, but I like my toe to be a bit free to move, when they are snug I feel like I can't run properly. That's just me, 1/2 size up will probably make it more roomy, but it should be too bad lenth-wise I wear 11-12 depending on the shoe.

fms
03-27-2011, 06:33 PM
BUMP.

Question: everyone says, for Asics, half a size up. Is this in comparison to one's regular shoe size, or to one's other sports shoes?
My regular size is (EUR) 43/43.5, but I just realized that my running shoes are 45 (but are a bit too big) and my old Adidas tennis shoes 45 1/3 even (which are snug, although I've got some room left at the front obviously).
However, I have regular Asics shoes too, one pair is 43.5, which just fits, the other is 44 which is just a bit larger and is perfect to wear. Since the latter is perfect, but is a regular shoe, should I get my Asics tennis shoes in 44 too, or go up?

You guessed it - first time trying to order shoes online! :)

Carolina Racquet
03-28-2011, 03:36 AM
I think it depends on the model of Asics Shoe.

IMO, Gel Res 2 was true to size; Gel Challenger, narrower, need to go 1/2 size longer; Gel Game, true to size, but a bit snugger than GR 2.

fms
03-28-2011, 05:50 AM
Thanks for your help! I'd go for the Gel Game 2 or 3, so now I'm doubting between 44, 44,5 and 45. It's all a bit confusing - I thought at least within one brand the shoe size would have been consistent!

Carolina Racquet
03-28-2011, 06:04 AM
I think they are all the same basic LENGTH. I think the sizing issue is due to width and shoe box size attributed to each model.