PDA

View Full Version : Nike Air Vapor shoes size help

tom_asdelonge182
06-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Hey guys, I'm planning to buy a pair of these, but i heard that the sizes of these are different from Adidas. Previously I was wearing the Adidas tirand 3 size US9.5. I looked at the shoe size conversion table at TW website and it shows that Adidas shoe sizes are half a size bigger. So since my shoe size for my Adidas shoe was US9.5, should I get US10 for the Nike Vapors? Is this true? or am I interpreting this incorrectly? Btw I live in Australia and no I can't some how get a pair here to try on. Thanks for the help!

dr325i
07-01-2008, 04:43 AM
I had Tirands, I had B4s and now I have B5s and Vapor 4.
Tirands, B4s and Vapor 4 sizes (11 for me) were all the same. B5s are actually a little bit tighter for me, but still comfortable. I also ordered the Ultimate Edge, same size...

djokster
07-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Hey guys, I'm planning to buy a pair of these, but i heard that the sizes of these are different from Adidas. Previously I was wearing the Adidas tirand 3 size US9.5. I looked at the shoe size conversion table at TW website and it shows that Adidas shoe sizes are half a size bigger. So since my shoe size for my Adidas shoe was US9.5, should I get US10 for the Nike Vapors? Is this true? or am I interpreting this incorrectly? Btw I live in Australia and no I can't some how get a pair here to try on. Thanks for the help!
I bought the vapors and had adidas shoes before them. I ended up buying shoes one whole size bigger (11 instead of 10), although by feet still fit into adidas size 10 shoes. Hope this helps.

goosala
07-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Adidas typically run a half size big while Nike runs a half size small; at least for me.

ZandyMan
07-01-2008, 11:22 AM
With Nike you are generally best off getting 1 size bigger.

Char
07-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Weird. I have always worn size 10.5 in everything. Recently got a pair of Feather III's to wear on clay, Adidas, size 10.5. Got some Vapor V's in, but they were about a half size too long. Way too much room. Currently awaiting a size 10 to compare, and I have never worn a shoe downsized. If anything, I would have replied that the Vapors run a little long, as compared to Adidas Feathers and Barricades, unless the pair I received was mis-sized. :confused:

iphoneman
07-01-2008, 04:24 PM
im an 11 in barricade 5s and a 10.5 in vapour 5s

Char
07-01-2008, 04:27 PM
im an 11 in barricade 5s and a 10.5 in vapour 5s

That aligns with my experience almost exactly.

iphoneman
07-01-2008, 04:34 PM
ya..i was in barricades 11.5 i started to get blisters its because the shoe was too big but then i went to 11 and they still werent good so i went to vapours 10.5 and they fit like a glove.. barriicades 10.5 were too small..shoes fit differently for different people so just try everything and make sure you get the best combination of comfort and support

iphoneman
07-01-2008, 04:36 PM
oh i didnt see the not being able to try sorry.

Char
07-01-2008, 04:41 PM
^ Agreed. Barricades just run to wide for me. Either the width was right but the length was too short, or the length was ok, but then the shoe was too wide.

Everyone is different, so your best bet is to try a few sizes/brands. Edit: oops, I didnt see that either.

djokster
07-01-2008, 05:02 PM
I was referring to Barricade IV's and the Vapor IV's in my earlier post, if that clears any misconceptions.

Char
07-01-2008, 05:12 PM
I was referring to Barricade IV's and the Vapor IV's in my earlier post, if that clears any misconceptions.

I should note too in my posts I was referring to Barricade V's and Vapor V's.

tom_asdelonge182
07-02-2008, 05:15 AM
Weird. I have always worn size 10.5 in everything. Recently got a pair of Feather III's to wear on clay, Adidas, size 10.5. Got some Vapor V's in, but they were about a half size too long. Way too much room. Currently awaiting a size 10 to compare, and I have never worn a shoe downsized. If anything, I would have replied that the Vapors run a little long, as compared to Adidas Feathers and Barricades, unless the pair I received was mis-sized. :confused:

I assume the vapors are long due to the fact they are more tight fitting especially with the width? Because my feet is actually quite wide and usually my shoes have some space length wise and tighter fitting on the width.

Char
07-03-2008, 06:46 PM
I assume the vapors are long due to the fact they are more tight fitting especially with the width? Because my feet is actually quite wide and usually my shoes have some space length wise and tighter fitting on the width.

I called them "long" because I always take a 10.5 in a shoe and yet the Vapor V's are the first I ran across that I actually had to downsize to a 10 just so there wouldnt be so much space up front. Not sure it has too much to do with tighter fitting, but yes, they are tighter fitting than the Barricades.

If your feet are wider, you might actually want to try a Barricade V, probably in your normal shoe size. That was close for me, but just a little wide. Length was good. Sort of sounds to me like that is a good shoe for you. If you stick with Vapors, you'd probably also want to use your normal shoe size so you have a little extra width, but I am almost certain based on my experience that you'll have a little extra in the length that way. Downsizing to fix the length if you have a wider foot is very likely to make the shoe too tight for you. Mine downsized is now comfortably snug, though not at all tight, but I dont have a wide foot.

All this said, because you have no way to try them on or presumably return ones that dont fit, take anything I say with a grain of salt, as your foot and therefore experience may be different. Best of luck!

babolatisduhbomb
07-05-2008, 09:00 PM
10.5 - 11 but i would get 10.5 proble

tom_asdelonge182
07-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I actually dont mind the B5, but its black sole which causes alot of problems with the courts around my area. That's why I went for the Vapors

tom_asdelonge182
07-06-2008, 01:55 PM
I called them "long" because I always take a 10.5 in a shoe and yet the Vapor V's are the first I ran across that I actually had to downsize to a 10 just so there wouldnt be so much space up front. Not sure it has too much to do with tighter fitting, but yes, they are tighter fitting than the Barricades.

If your feet are wider, you might actually want to try a Barricade V, probably in your normal shoe size. That was close for me, but just a little wide. Length was good. Sort of sounds to me like that is a good shoe for you. If you stick with Vapors, you'd probably also want to use your normal shoe size so you have a little extra width, but I am almost certain based on my experience that you'll have a little extra in the length that way. Downsizing to fix the length if you have a wider foot is very likely to make the shoe too tight for you. Mine downsized is now comfortably snug, though not at all tight, but I dont have a wide foot.

All this said, because you have no way to try them on or presumably return ones that dont fit, take anything I say with a grain of salt, as your foot and therefore experience may be different. Best of luck!

another problem is that maybe if i wear the smaller one long enough, they would expand abit...but then i would prefer a more better fit

Char
07-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Dont know what to advise, to be quite honest. Wouldnt want you to go on my advice and get a shoe you cannot return. Just relating my experience.

If I had to advise something, I'd say if you had an Adidas at size 9.5, you may be good with the Vapor at size 9. Problem is, I have no experience with the Adidas Tirade sizing (only the Barricade and the Feather, both of which were correct on length per my normal shoe sizing). Kind of a tough call to make. I will say that I could have worn the Vapor in a 10.5. It was just a bit too long and I may have not been as stable and may have gotten some slight blisters, but all that is better than them being too small.

Cant you just order from Nike.com, both sizes, and return one? Do they ship international (I'd assume they do)? They let you return things for any reason. Maybe you'd have to take a small hit in shipping (return shipping is free, but from the US - I dont know about international), but hey, I'd say its worth it to get the correct size for you.

tom_asdelonge182
07-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Dont know what to advise, to be quite honest. Wouldnt want you to go on my advice and get a shoe you cannot return. Just relating my experience.

If I had to advise something, I'd say if you had an Adidas at size 9.5, you may be good with the Vapor at size 9. Problem is, I have no experience with the Adidas Tirade sizing (only the Barricade and the Feather, both of which were correct on length per my normal shoe sizing). Kind of a tough call to make. I will say that I could have worn the Vapor in a 10.5. It was just a bit too long and I may have not been as stable and may have gotten some slight blisters, but all that is better than them being too small.

Cant you just order from Nike.com, both sizes, and return one? Do they ship international (I'd assume they do)? They let you return things for any reason. Maybe you'd have to take a small hit in shipping (return shipping is free, but from the US - I dont know about international), but hey, I'd say its worth it to get the correct size for you.

I don't think that would be probable cause the shipping does really kill. Its 45 us bucks to ship and hence if i want to return and get anotehr one it would cost me an extra 90 dollars just on shipping alone. Actually I had a try on the vapor 4 size 10 today, the width fits perfectly, just the length is too long. From this experience would you recommend to go maybe half a size lower? From your experience is the sizing for the vapor 4 the same as the vapor 5?