PDA

View Full Version : UK Universities?

futuretoptenner
07-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Anyone here play for any UK Universities and what support/success have you had?

Moz
07-01-2008, 02:08 PM
If you want to train seriously at University you need to be looking at another country, or a university near a tennis centre such as Sutton or Roehampton.

futuretoptenner
07-03-2008, 09:45 AM
If you want to train seriously at University you need to be looking at another country, or a university near a tennis centre such as Sutton or Roehampton.
I doubt that either of those academies would offer me a place to train there regularly though.

Moz
07-03-2008, 02:38 PM
I doubt that either of those academies would offer me a place to train there regularly though.

Sutton seem to take all comers, as long as you pay. It's worth calling them mate - I plan to do so soon. They have red clay aswell.

Otherwise try and make it to the states. There are numerous good reasons for doing so.

futuretoptenner
07-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Sutton seem to take all comers, as long as you pay. It's worth calling them mate - I plan to do so soon. They have red clay aswell.

Otherwise try and make it to the states. There are numerous good reasons for doing so.

Yeah I've been down to Sutton a couple times for the matchplays. So do you train at Sutton? What kind of options are there to train part time?

Moz
07-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I am playing a matchplay down there tomorrow actually.

I don't train there but am thinking about going there in the latter part of the year. I haven't made specific enquiries but there is a fair bit of information on their website here:

http://www.suttontennisacademy.com/

futuretoptenner
07-05-2008, 01:03 PM
I am playing a matchplay down there tomorrow actually.

I don't train there but am thinking about going there in the latter part of the year. I haven't made specific enquiries but there is a fair bit of information on their website here:

http://www.suttontennisacademy.com/

I've started to play those match plays. You must be playing the tier one events though I'm guessing.

Moz
07-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Yes. By the way, I've contacted Sutton regarding costs for a full time residential. If you're interested I'll let you know the results.

futuretoptenner
07-13-2008, 02:28 AM
Yes. By the way, I've contacted Sutton regarding costs for a full time residential. If you're interested I'll let you know the results.

Yeah, that'd be cool. Thanks

AsgerHO
07-13-2008, 05:20 AM
Have you had a look at University of Bath and Loughborough University?

Both are pretty big in sports, and in tennis as well, with really good facilities.
Im considering Loughborough at the moment

futuretoptenner
07-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Have you had a look at University of Bath and Loughborough University?

Both are pretty big in sports, and in tennis as well, with really good facilities.
Im considering Loughborough at the moment

I'm already at University , the uni I'm at does have a tennis team in fact they train at Queens but there is no coach and no real way of improving yourself further.