PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Shoes Sizing

Hot Sauce
07-02-2008, 02:35 AM
I recently bought a pair of Barricade V's from TW at size 8.5 and I have too much toe room. I figure they're maybe a half size + too big. It's very strange because my old pair of Adidas Superstars fit perfectly at size 8.5, so I thought that the Barricades would be fine at 8.5 as well. Another thing that is strange is that according to the shoe size conversion chart on TW, it says that a Nike size 8 will be an Adidas size 7.5. I have Nike shoes that fit perfectly at size 8, but once again, my Adidas shoe size is definitely not 7.5. Any insight?

SempreSami
07-02-2008, 05:04 AM
You must have strange feet, my Superstars, Barricades and Gazelles are all the same size.

duketennisgal
07-02-2008, 05:17 AM
You must have strange feet, my Superstars, Barricades and Gazelles are all the same size.

I don't know compared to other Adidas shoes b/c I've only worn the Barricades but I know that I have to get a .5 size smaller in the Barricades then I do in any other shoe that I wear. I have 9's in Asics, Babolats, Nikes and my normal everyday shoes but I have to wear an 8.5 in the Barricades.

Bottle Rocket
07-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah, Barricades run big. Its interesting, because not everyone thinks so, but I do. I can wear almost a full size smaller in the Barricades in comparison to Prince. They do feel a full size larger than Babolat shoes, which run small.

The only way for me to play in Barricades is to get a pair that is smaller than my normal size, wear two pairs of socks, and then jam my toes and roll my ankles. Either my foot or the shoes aren't quite right, not sure which yet...

150mph_
07-03-2008, 01:46 PM
barricades have the perfect fit...
it runs true to size for me - two pairs of socks makes it perfect and almost no callouses

Il Mostro
07-03-2008, 09:05 PM
I don't think they really run big all the way around, but they are definitely longer than the Ascendor SLT's they replaced.

LPShanet
07-07-2008, 03:10 PM
I recently bought a pair of Barricade V's from TW at size 8.5 and I have too much toe room. I figure they're maybe a half size + too big. It's very strange because my old pair of Adidas Superstars fit perfectly at size 8.5, so I thought that the Barricades would be fine at 8.5 as well. Another thing that is strange is that according to the shoe size conversion chart on TW, it says that a Nike size 8 will be an Adidas size 7.5. I have Nike shoes that fit perfectly at size 8, but once again, my Adidas shoe size is definitely not 7.5. Any insight?

Each model is lasted a little bit differently. Many of the "originals" (e.g. Superstars) run small. And in terms of the Nikes, it depends a lot which shoes you have. Generally, adidas and Nike run fairly close in their performance shoes. Ignore the shoe size conversion chart...I've never found it to be accurate. Another big factor is the shape/last. Barricade IV's tend to be quite large in the toe box, making them feel big, even if they're the right length. The V's are slightly narrower there, but similar. So the shape of your foot could be the issue. The only universal seem to be that Babolat runs VERY small. Almost everyone wears a larger size in those than any other brand. In the end, you'll have to try them on in a couple of sizes and see what feels best. They do stretch out slightly, but not that much.

Tennis Man
07-07-2008, 04:25 PM

I have the same issue. The Barricades V are stated as medium width to accomodate more players but if you have a narrow feet you will have to wear thicker sock to compensate for the extra room in the toe box or get other shoes.

TW Staff
07-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Hot Sauce,

The TW shoe conversion chart is not meant to be a size comparison between brands. It was meant to help international customers determine their US size. Sorry for any confusion, and we've added some text to the top of the page to help clarify this for everyone.

Tiffani, TW

captinsane903
07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I actually wear a 12 in Nike, but when i tried the BV's out, they were too loose and my heel was slipping when i was just walking around. So then I went down to a 11.5 and it's a bit more snug and wraps around my foot nicely. By far the best shoes I've ever owned.

Murray_Maniac
07-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Hey guys, I tryed on tirand 3's at size 12 and they fit nice and close. Then, I tryed on the barricade v's at size 12 and they were too big. So, since I plan on buying the Ultimate edges and they weren't @ the store, how are the ultimate edges sizes compared to the tirand or barricade v since their not the same?

tbini87
07-11-2008, 05:15 PM
i also found some adidas (including barricades) to run a 1/2 size too big.

Gmedlo
07-11-2008, 05:20 PM
I thought everyone knew by now that adidas run a half size larger than nikes/nikes run a half size smaller than adidas?

From what I can gather, Adidas in general are larger than nikes, pretty much everywhere. Even when it comes to soccer cleats. My superstars are 13.5s, as are my barricades, and they're identical lengthwise. I just ordered a 14 for my replacement pair of Cage IIs.

Murray_Maniac
07-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Please can any1 answer my question? At the same shoe sizes, are the ultimate edges the same size as the barricade or tirand?

Murray_Maniac
07-12-2008, 01:29 PM
bump 10 char

Virus
07-13-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm trying to decide between the II's and the V's. I like the looks of the II's. Can anyone offer a comparison?

Secondly, I currently have a pair of New Balance CT1001's. Depending on the shoe I normally take a 9.5. With the New Balance I actually had to move up to a 10. What size should I try?

Since there are no stores within 200 miles of me that sell the Barricades, I have no choice but to purchase them online. What is TW's exchange policy if I order the wrong size?

dr325i
07-13-2008, 04:13 PM
bump 10 char

they are the same as b5s.
B4s were a little bit roomier (wider, I'd say).

tennisnj
07-13-2008, 06:12 PM
For me, Barricades are the "perfect" fit, CC Booms as well, but I probably should get a 1/2 size larger in Tirands, they're a bit snug in my regular size, but instead i just wear thinner socks. The CC Feathers, no matter what size I get or type of sock & ankle support I use, it's never the right size for me. It all depends on what time of foot you have. I can't wear Nike @ all b/c no matter what shoe & size I try, they're never comfortable.

Murray_Maniac
07-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Sorry if I worded it wrong, but my question still stands. Ive tryed on the barricade v and tirand, and want to get the ultimate edges online, so do the ultimate edges, all at the same size, fit just like the tirand or barricade v ( talking about size in heel and toe room), because when I tryed on the tirand and barricade v's both @ shoe size 12, the barricades have too much room in the heel and toe and the tirands had perfect room.

Virus
07-17-2008, 05:38 PM
I just received my Barricade II's from TW today. I normally wear size 10 in New Balance. Based on the info here I purchased both a 9.5 and a 10. Sizing fits exactly like the New Balance. I think it would be beneficial for everyone to name the brand of shoe they wore previous to switching. Most people on this thread stated that the Barricades ran .5 smaller than most shoes. I of course found them to run the same as my previous shoe.

mrmo1115
07-17-2008, 06:00 PM
4 me the barricade v run half size big

so i go down .5 size

nike i go for 8 but im pretty much done w/ nike shoes 4 now ...

only like the breathe cage 2 but im liking the barricade v a lil bit better

Virus
07-17-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm finding that the Barricade II's heel slips some. I have to use all the eyelets and tie they very tight to keep them from sliding too much. The New Balance definitely fit my heels better and they also breathe better because of the large amount of fabric. The Barricades are also heavier. I will have to reserve judgment until the Barricades are broken in. I do like the extra cloth for the mids.

Swengo86
07-18-2008, 07:57 AM
I have the response plus 3's and those feel about a half size or whole size big. I'm not sure if its the fact that they are too long or possibly wider than I'm used to. They do feel great thought!

Booyah
07-18-2008, 03:41 PM
I guess you could say adidas runs big when comparing to Nike. Or maybe Nike runs small. Whatever the case my adidas shoes are always .5 size larger than when i wear Nike.

Booyah
07-18-2008, 03:42 PM
I mean the other way around, my adidas shoes are always .5 smaller.