PDA

View Full Version : Vapor V and Barricade V questions

roddick_rulz
07-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm trying to decide between the shoes. Please vote on which shoe you believe is better. Durability is not a factor for me so there is no need to factor that in. I was looking on the nike town website and noticed that the Black Vapor V which I'm interested in looks a lot different compared to the one shown on the TW site. Which does it actually look more like?
Thanks in advance.

150mph_
07-03-2008, 04:50 AM
6 month warranty for the win - barricade

dsmercado
07-03-2008, 05:52 AM
I have the Black Vapor V and I've worn Barricades in the past.

I like the Vapors better because they're lighter. The Barricades always felt very clunky to me.

I looked at the Nikestore.com picture and I think there was too much lighting in the pic. The TW pic is pretty much what they look like in real life.

Char
07-03-2008, 06:10 AM
I agree that the Barricades feel a bit clunky compared to the vapors. Its also true that the TW pic of the black Vapors is closest to what they actually look like. They're very nice. After trying both, I lean towards the Vapors. They're a little lighter and a little more comfortable.

That said, they're different shoes in terms of fit and only one of the two I believe would fit a certain foot best. I tried the Barricades first and they ran too wide. If I got a smaller size in them, the width might have been ok, but then they'd have been too short. The Vapors, on the other hand, for me, ran a little long, so I'm currently looking at a 1/2 size smaller than what I usually wear to test that fit. Bottom line, the best shoe of these two is going to be the one that fits you the best, if as you say, the warranty doesnt matter. If they both were to fit you, go with the Vapors, imho.

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
07-03-2008, 10:58 AM
for quality of the shoe and comfort, i give it to the vapors.

for the quality of shoe with the durability guaruntee, barricade 5

tomas9848
07-25-2008, 09:00 AM
comfort in the barricade and the best shoe around

whosyumom
07-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Barricade V's sicken me. I'd rather wear my worn out air max breathe free II's that have like 4 holes in em.