PDA

View Full Version : Head Liquidmetal Instinct

ATPtennis
03-26-2004, 05:38 PM
What do yall think about the Liquidmetal Instinct racquet? Is it more of a power racquet or control?

Goldberg
03-27-2004, 04:44 AM
i have been reading about it and i love the specs on it. it looks like it will fit me perfectly so i ended up selling some rackets and i bought it new for a very good price. hopefully it will be here soon

30 - 15 is my ad
03-29-2004, 10:24 PM
but outside my definition of a players racquet

Morpheus
03-30-2004, 02:47 AM
The Instinct is a very nice racket. More power than the Radical, but not so much that it is hard to control. Unlike most tweeners, the Instinct is flexible, which dampens its power and makes it more arm friendly. It is on the player side of tweener, but still a tweener.

Loud
03-30-2004, 03:05 AM
I can't believe that they had Guga use a paintjob of this and convince the general public that he used the LM Instinct. I wonder if this thing sells. I haven't seen any on court...just in store.

AndyC
03-31-2004, 02:55 AM
I've got two of them and love them. It was a tossup between the LM Rad OS or the Instinct and I went with the Instinct because it was more manoeuvrable at the net where I often end up. For the rest it felt much the same to me. Maybe the OS was slightly better on groundstrokes and serves but I my groundies are pretty aggressive anyway. I did find the Instinct more arm friendly and that may be an issue for some. It's definitely more a control than power racquet by a long way.

As to whether it's a players racquet or not. Well I wouldn't get hung up on definitions. When I busted a string, the tennis pro that restrung my racket loved it so much he switched from his LM Rad MP to an Instinct. I'd suggest u try as many racquets as u need to find one that suits u and stick with it.