PDA

View Full Version : Wilson ProStaff Blitz

degreefanlindi
01-23-2005, 04:56 AM
I just checked out Wilson tennis online and noticed the new PS Blitz racquet. When did this come out and does anyone know anything about it? I see it's even-balanced...usually PS are headlight. I was wondering if it was available in a headlight version. The colors are really appealing and I think I might check into this racquet. I have a PS now and wanted a new racquet. I looked at the ncodes but I think I would prefer this..any feedback about the specs would be helpful. Thanks all!

Steve Huff
01-23-2005, 05:05 AM
If evenly balanced, I'd imagine that it's a fairly light racket (for a PS)

goober
01-23-2005, 08:14 AM
here are the specs

Sugg. Retail: US $119.99
Stock Number: T7676
Balance: Even Balance
Cross Section: 26 mm Flat Beam
Grip Size: 4"-4 5/8"
Headsize: 100"
Length: 27"
Material: 100% Graphite
Series: Hyper Pro Staff
SI: 5
String Pattern: 16x19
Swing Style: Medium
String Tension: 53-63 lbs.
Weight: 9.9 oz. Strung

Not very appealing to me.

wahiawaboi668
01-23-2005, 06:27 PM
it looks like the 5.1 surge with different paint and lighter.

hummer23
01-23-2005, 06:37 PM
yet another pusher stick from wilson inc. . .

degreefanlindi
01-24-2005, 06:08 AM
Wow, based on what everyone is saying, this racquet is nothing special. Is it a poor man's version of the original PS or something? I am a former college player....like headlight, control oriented racquets. Should I look into the ncode instead? I don't know any pros endorsing the new Blitz....

goober
01-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Wow, based on what everyone is saying, this racquet is nothing special. Is it a poor man's version of the original PS or something? I am a former college player....like headlight, control oriented racquets. Should I look into the ncode instead? I don't know any pros endorsing the new Blitz....

Wilson has kind of let the "prostaff" name go so it doesn't mean too much any more. Prostaff Torch and Prostaff Trance are some examples of Prostaffs that are meant for for lower level players

9.9 0z is very light. Anybody who plays against college level players will have this racquet twist out of their hand with a racquet that light. This also has an even balance not head light. The 26 mm beam width is bordering on a widebody racquet :)

So yes go for the NCode 90 or 95 if you are looking for a new Wilson racquet similar to the orginal PS.

degreefanlindi
01-25-2005, 04:40 AM
Thanks goober.
I know the Trance was basically a leisure type of racquet and not highly touted....so when you mention that in the same sentence as the Blitz, I am definitely a skeptic about this racquet. I am not much a fan of widebody lighter racquets.
I have been looking at the ncode Tour...that looks like a higher performance racquet than both the 90 or 95 do...not sure it's right for my level though?