PDA

View Full Version : Nike Air Max Breathe Cage I and II

captinsane903
07-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Hey guys, can I get some comparisons between the first Nike Air Max Breathe Cage and the II one? I'm looking at them both and trying to decide which one I should get. What are the pluses and minuses of each? Thanks

Photoshop
07-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Although they look like they are essentially the same shoes with different outer design, stability of Cage 2's is worse than cage 1's. I'm always extra cautious when changing direction on full speed b/c it feels like shoes are going to collapse. I don't think I had this problem with cage 1's.

Cage 2's look much better though.

BreakPoint
07-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Although they look like they are essentially the same shoes with different outer design, stability of Cage 2's is worse than cage 1's. I'm always extra cautious when changing direction on full speed b/c it feels like shoes are going to collapse. I don't think I had this problem with cage 1's.

Interesting, because I feel exactly the opposite. I think the Cage II's are much more stable than the Cage I's or the BFII's.

Photoshop
07-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Interesting, because I feel exactly the opposite. I think the Cage II's are much more stable than the Cage I's or the BFII's.
Yeah it's very strange. I actually went a half size smaller for cage 2's too and they still felt less stable. Shouldn't smaller shoes feel more stable since they'd hug the feet more firmly?

BreakPoint
07-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Yeah it's very strange. I actually went a half size smaller for cage 2's too and they still felt less stable. Shouldn't smaller shoes feel more stable since they'd hug the feet more firmly?
Not really, I don't think. The Cage II's feel more stable to me because they have a stiffer "drag-on" which makes the upper stiffer with less side-to-side give. They also seem to have a wider sole which makes them more stable. Also, the ankle area seems to be higher which gives them more ankle support. I thought the upper material in the Cage I was too thin so my feet moved around too much inside them and when I stopped abruptly side-to-side the fabric would stretch too much making them feel unstable.

ojingoh
07-05-2008, 03:18 AM
Upper is stiffer, significantly. Also it doesn't stretch out the same way. The BC I (Nadal aside) is meant to stretch a bit. The IIs seem to not want the same amount of stretch customization to the foot. I just bought shoes, BC I all the way. I came from a Breathe Cage 2 though.

Oh yeah it's got the "Heatblock Technology." Riiiiight.

muggy
07-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Cage I's have a bigger toebox, Cage II's are more snug so you'd have to try the shoes to see what fits best.

captinsane903
07-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Well I went to a local shop and found that the Cages(I and II) were a bit too narrow for my feet. So then I tried on the Barricade V's and loved them, so I went with them. Thanks for the advice though.

TheShaun
07-05-2008, 03:07 PM

i just tried on the cage II's today and found that if i were to buy them i'd have to get them 1/2 size smaller.

captinsane903
07-05-2008, 05:28 PM
when i got my barricade V's today, i also tried the Cage II's. I actually didn't even have to go different sizes. I was a 11.5 in both the Cage II's and BV's.

babolatisduhbomb
07-05-2008, 09:55 PM
i would get 2