PDA

View Full Version : Nike Durability Gurantee

FreshStew
07-04-2008, 05:14 PM
I have been playing in my Breathe Free IIs for about 3 months now and the left shoe has a hole in the toe exposing the layer above the outsole.

To use the 6 Month Gurantee do I need a hole through the insole showing my foot?

Also, does Nike send you a gift card or new shoes?:confused:

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED;)

WildVolley
07-04-2008, 05:40 PM
If you are through to the spongy part, that's good enough in my experience.

About 5-months ago when I sent in my BF2s, they sent me a voucher because they didn't have any BF2s in my size in stock. The voucher was only usable at Nike.com.

FreshStew
07-04-2008, 05:44 PM
If you are through to the spongy part, that's good enough in my experience.

About 5-months ago when I sent in my BF2s, they sent me a voucher because they didn't have any BF2s in my size in stock. The voucher was only usable at Nike.com.

I'm through to the stitching under the rubber outsole.

Is the voucher for anything you want?

justsomeecho
07-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Your shoes can be sent back. The voucher is for anything you want at Nike.com, or a Nike Retail store.

WildVolley
07-04-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm through to the stitching under the rubber outsole.

Is the voucher for anything you want?

The voucher just has a cash value, which you can spend on anything you want - if it is available at the store. The tennis shoe selection was rather sparse when I used my voucher, so I bought a mess of clothing on sale(4-shirts, 3-shorts, and a hat). But it is hit and miss. Now, I wouldn't have been able to get much clothing for the $128 or so value of the voucher.

BreakPoint
07-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Your shoes can be sent back. The voucher is for anything you want at Nike.com, or a Nike Retail store.
Unless their policy has recently changed, the voucher is only good online at Nike.com and not at any Nike retail stores.

WildVolley
07-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Unless their policy has recently changed, the voucher is only good online at Nike.com and not at any Nike retail stores.

I agree with BreakPoint. I used my voucher about 5-months ago and it was only good at nike.com.

FreshStew
07-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Your shoes can be sent back.

I just wanna know if the hole has to go all the way through the insole?:confused:

I don't wanna play in my BFIIs anymore. Last week I jammed one of my toes on my left foot coming down from an overhead.

Is Nike really strict on the Durability Policy?

djokster
07-04-2008, 08:14 PM
How much is the voucher worth? Is it how much you paid for the shoes or the cost to replace them. I am asking this because I got my Air Max Breathe Cage shoes at a nike outlet store for $60. So basically, I'm asking if I would get a $60 voucher or a voucher for the newer breathe cages ($120)?

FreshStew
07-04-2008, 11:04 PM
How much is the voucher worth? Is it how much you paid for the shoes or the cost to replace them. I am asking this because I got my Air Max Breathe Cage shoes at a nike outlet store for $60. So basically, I'm asking if I would get a $60 voucher or a voucher for the newer breathe cages ($120)?

You send in the receipt too.

FreshStew
07-05-2008, 11:26 AM
I just wanna know if the hole has to go all the way through the insole?:confused:

I don't wanna play in my BFIIs anymore. Last week I jammed one of my toes on my left foot coming down from an overhead.

FreshStew
07-05-2008, 01:11 PM
anyone?????

FreshStew
07-05-2008, 03:25 PM

FreshStew
07-05-2008, 06:58 PM
somebody! anybody!

FreshStew
07-05-2008, 08:46 PM
anyone??????

dubv
07-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Nope....sent mine back with a little hole and got a 110$ voucher and got the shoes for 80$

FreshStew
07-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Nope....sent mine back with a little hole and got a 110$ voucher and got the shoes for 80$

Was the hole through the insole or through the rubber?

WildVolley
07-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Dude, mellow out. People have already responded to your question. The card definitely reads as all the way through to the insole, but many of us have successfully sent in the shoes after we've burned through the outsole.

My best guess is that if you have a hole that goes all the way through the outsole that was caused by playing tennis, they'll give you a voucher. You don't need to burn a hole all the way through to the removable insole insert in my experience.

FreshStew
07-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Dude, mellow out. People have already responded to your question. The card definitely reads as all the way through to the insole, but many of us have successfully sent in the shoes after we've burned through the outsole.

My best guess is that if you have a hole that goes all the way through the outsole that was caused by playing tennis, they'll give you a voucher. You don't need to burn a hole all the way through to the removable insole insert in my experience.

:lol: Thanks WildVolley

I just don't know whether to send them in or not?

FreshStew
07-06-2008, 06:35 PM
^thats my last question^

somebody help

Photoshop
07-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Dude, as long as it shows the spongy/soft part you are good to go. You don't have to have a hole. It doesn't even have to be both shoes. As long as one of them is exposing the soft part Nike will send you a voucher.

Just make sure to send them in before six month is up.

FreshStew
07-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Big Ups Photoshop;)

You're a lifesaver

albino smurf
07-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Be ready for it to take a while. I sent mine ten days ago and it is just getting processed.