PDA

View Full Version : sysop:stiffness of Pro Staff 6.1 Classic

Swan Song
03-26-2004, 08:16 PM
The specs says that it has a stiffness of 72, but I've heard that is it more flexible. Can you clarify on that please?

chazz
03-27-2004, 06:47 PM
I would also like to know as well. I hit briefly with this racquet a few years back and to me it didn't seem as stiff as the 72 rating. I've been debating about getting this racquet or the Hyper Prostaff 6.1 version since in the review it says it's less stiff and a little lighter than the classic version. Any opinions on which version is better?

slice
03-27-2004, 07:59 PM
I have both the hps 6.1 and the 6.1 classic. My classic is about 10 years old and the hps is about 2 years old. The classic is heavier, stiffer and has more power than the hps. I personally like the hps better. I have a better serve with the classic but all my other strokes are better with the hps. I do like the feel of the classic, but it is just too heavy for me. One of my regular tennis partners, who is younger and stronger than I am, loves his classic and hates my hps 6.1. The two models are different and you should try them both.

kreative
03-27-2004, 09:49 PM
i liked the classic 6.1, and didn't really take to the hyper 6.1. started getting some shoulder soreness w/ the classic 6.1 thou, so i moved on to different frames. i'd say that the classic 6.1 has more power, and better serve. hyper 6.1 better on volleys thou, and more manueverable, making it easier to get around on stretched or running shots. groundies were a tossup for me...classic was a little more penetrating, while the hps had a bit more on angles and control.