PDA

View Full Version : Any one have a stringers manual for sale? Drop Weight

borisboris
03-26-2004, 07:32 PM
:D I bought an old drop weight w/ glide clamps and have never strung before - just wondering if some has an old manual or resource on how to begin stringing on a drop weight/glidebar clamps system? Thanks

drop shot
03-26-2004, 09:37 PM
What is the make and model of your stringer? There may be some info out there on the web. Also some of the stringing machine makers websites may have a downloadable tutorial that you can access.

Deuce
03-26-2004, 09:56 PM
www.sptennis.com has manuals that can be downloaded - well, they did a few months ago - likely still do.

They have dropweights for sure - I'm not sure if any have glidebars, though. If not, you can improvise - it's the same principle, whether floating, gliding, or fixed clamps.

borisboris
03-27-2004, 08:16 AM
I bought an old Bancroft that will work for my 95" Equipes. I figure after 5 string jobs the machine will pay for itself. I'm surprized **** nor Amazon have stringers manuals - you'd think someone hasn't the need for theirs anymore. Thanks for the responces and get used to seeing my posts on how to help me thru some elementary techniques.