PDA

View Full Version : what stick does Blake roll with?

WhosYoDatis?
07-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Does he actually use the aerogel 200 2hundred or is it customized?

Richie Rich
07-06-2008, 01:35 PM
sorry but try searching - there have been many, many threads on this subject.

LPShanet
07-06-2008, 06:34 PM
sorry but try searching - there have been many, many threads on this subject.

There's more info than you could hope for in many threads on this forum if you search, as Richie said. But the short version of the answer is that it's not an AG200, it's a custom mold that he's been using for years, and is the same mold as the Haas and Berdych frames. It's not available to the public at all, but some feel that the closest approximation being sold is the mold used for some of the Tecnifibre frames.

Tennisguy777
07-06-2008, 06:53 PM
There's more info than you could hope for in many threads on this forum if you search, as Richie said. But the short version of the answer is that it's not an AG200, it's a custom mold that he's been using for years, and is the same mold as the Haas and Berdych frames. It's not available to the public at all, but some feel that the closest approximation being sold is the mold used for some of the Tecnifibre frames.

From my understanding these frames are very similar to the Head 630 / 280 molds. It's possible their frames are more prestige like than anything else.

LPShanet
07-06-2008, 10:16 PM
From my understanding these frames are very similar to the Head 630 / 280 molds. It's possible their frames are more prestige like than anything else.

Molds are actually quite easy to compare, as they determine only the shape (rather than the layup) of the frame. I think you'll find that the form of the Tecnifibres is much closer to the Dunlop custom mold than any of the Heads you mention. Paul from Vantage (or Jura) can probably speak better to this, as Paul was involved with Dunlop at the time of the mold's creation if I recall correctly. Either way, I'm pretty sure there's no connection between the Dunlop custom mold and the Head 630/280, although they are able to create frames with similar layups to the Prestiges for players who might request them.

Tennisguy777
07-07-2008, 07:23 AM
Molds are actually quite easy to compare, as they determine only the shape (rather than the layup) of the frame. I think you'll find that the form of the Tecnifibres is much closer to the Dunlop custom mold than any of the Heads you mention. Paul from Vantage (or Jura) can probably speak better to this, as Paul was involved with Dunlop at the time of the mold's creation if I recall correctly. Either way, I'm pretty sure there's no connection between the Dunlop custom mold and the Head 630/280, although they are able to create frames with similar layups to the Prestiges for players who might request them.

Well as I am aware the technifibres are made from the Dunlop mold which was based on the 630 / 280. You are also correct in what you said.

LPShanet
07-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Well as I am aware the technifibres are made from the Dunlop mold which was based on the 630 / 280. You are also correct in what you said.

Interesting. Maybe we can get Paul and/or Jura to weight in on this and confirm.