PDA

View Full Version : Rafa's watch???

Coach Carter
07-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Prior to the awards ceremony starting, Rafa was putting on this huge watch. Looked sweet...wondered if anyone knew what that watch was? I know, strange question...his contract worked...it got me to ask.

Jonas
07-06-2008, 06:27 PM
it's a time force watch...
Pretty affordable compared to Rolex/Omega etc.

KANZA
07-06-2008, 07:32 PM
curious about that myself. it was an obvious plug as he strapped it on after the victory

Il Mostro
07-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Surprising that an athlete of his stature doesn't have a real watch sponsorship.

Double Fault
07-06-2008, 07:49 PM
curious about that myself. it was an obvious plug as he strapped it on after the victory

He always does the same thing which leads me to think that he either has a long term contract with the watchmaker or he is one of those people who can't live without knowing the time. I think it is the latter.

HappyAndFriendlyAlways
07-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Surprising that an athlete of his stature doesn't have a real watch sponsorship.

it appears he does, or do you not consider that a "real" watch?

Il Mostro
07-07-2008, 07:46 AM
it appears he does, or do you not consider that a "real" watch?

It's a low end line -- high profile athletes, especially one of Rafa's stature, are usually associated with one of the many higher-end watch lines.

origmarm
07-07-2008, 08:03 AM
I think they are Spanish which may have something to do with it:
http://www.timeforce.es/

Il Mostro
07-07-2008, 08:14 AM
I think they are Spanish which may have something to do with it:
http://www.timeforce.es/

Yes, "home-country deal" to be sure. I think Pau Gasol is also one of their spokespersons.

HappyAndFriendlyAlways
07-07-2008, 08:44 AM
its refreshing for him to have a lower end sponsor, as most people that watch tennis can only afford a low end. golf is another subject

goober
07-07-2008, 09:13 AM
its refreshing for him to have a lower end sponsor, as most people that watch tennis can only afford a low end. golf is another subject

He is also sponsored by Kia. When asked what car he drives he always says Kia. That's pretty low end:)

esm
07-08-2008, 02:00 AM
He always does the same thing which leads me to think that he either has a long term contract with the watchmaker or he is one of those people who can't live without knowing the time. I think it is the latter.

i have noticed other players.
Ana puts on her rolex after the last point of FO.
Fed does that when he wins.

i agree that it is refreshing that Rafa does what he does with his sponsorship deals.

he and his team took the Eurostar from France to the UK after he won the FO (and celebrated on the train) - you'd think someone with his status would flying into London in a private jet, especially just afer he won the FO and had to get ready for The Queens Club.

Satch
07-08-2008, 02:32 AM
I hate when Rafa puts that thing, he always push his whole hand in a nearest camera, who knows how much $ he gets just for that, do you really believe that he wears that thing off court? no way...

SempreSami
07-08-2008, 07:22 AM
i have noticed other players.
Ana puts on her rolex after the last point of FO.
Fed does that when he wins.

i agree that it is refreshing that Rafa does what he does with his sponsorship deals.

he and his team took the Eurostar from France to the UK after he won the FO (and celebrated on the train) - you'd think someone with his status would flying into London in a private jet, especially just afer he won the FO and had to get ready for The Queens Club.

Maybe he wanted to get to Central London a little quicker.

WildVolley
07-08-2008, 08:47 AM
It's a low end line -- high profile athletes, especially one of Rafa's stature, are usually associated with one of the many higher-end watch lines.

I guess I'm not a watch person, but I find it funny that a watch that sells for hundreds of dollars is low end, though I know what you mean as compared to a Rolex much less a Patek Phillipe.

I'm just a tennis guy wearing a $20 Timex or Casio.:)

Babb
07-11-2008, 07:55 AM
^^^^
Fossil is pretty nice to me. Dropping $85 on a watch is significant, at least to me...

AR15
07-11-2008, 08:07 AM

I think it's a compulsion he cannot control, similiar to the way he careful lines up his water bottles. If he doesn't put that watch on, immediately after each match ends, bad things will happen.....

Blask
07-11-2008, 09:18 AM
I was trying to figure out which model watch it was and have no clue. Anyone know which one?

federer envies me
07-11-2008, 09:42 AM
yeah i just saw a billboard advertising the time force with rafa and pau gasol

LafayetteHitter
07-11-2008, 11:05 AM
It's a sponsorship deal for sure because i'm pretty sure just after winning a slam title you could really get away with not giving a rats @ss about what time it is.

LafayetteHitter
07-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Here is a link for more info though:
http://www.europastar.com/europastar/magazine/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003320592

garyfiddler
07-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Its a power rangers watch.

topspinalex
07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Just check out the website here (http://www.timeforce.es/) the watches they have in the nadal and sports categories are pretty damn awesome...too bad they dont have a dealer in america