PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Advice

Murray_Maniac
07-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Which are more comfortable and durable on hardcourt: Tirand III's or Feather III's? Also, are the feathers just as wide as Tirands? I normally wear new balance, but I tryed on Tirands and they felt better, but I cant wear anything narrower. (Dont recommend me Barricades, they're too heavy)

dr325i
07-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Which are more comfortable and durable on hardcourt: Tirand III's or Feather III's? Also, are the feathers just as wide as Tirands? I normally wear new balance, but I tryed on Tirands and they felt better, but I cant wear anything narrower. (Dont recommend me Barricades, they're too heavy)

If the width of the B5s (narrower than b4s) was good for you, go for the Ultimate Edges -- they are as comfortable as the Barricades, as stable, definitely the hard court shoes, and much lighter than the barriades. See here:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=207522

captinsane903
07-06-2008, 07:27 PM
A lot of people just told me to buy the BV's when I was asking these type of questions, and man are they just amazing, even though they're expensive, they're worth any penny. But, I heard the Ultimate Edges are a pretty good alternative to the BV's, and they're light, I just don't know about support and durability.

Murray_Maniac
07-06-2008, 07:34 PM
So the Ultimate edges are more solid than the feathers and tirand?

LafayetteHitter
07-06-2008, 07:55 PM
If you are looking for a hardcourt shoe stay away from the Feathers. I have some and they provide great traction and "enough" cushioning on the rubico but for a hard court they are not the shoe to choose. Definitely go elsewhere in the Adidas line.

Klatu Verata Necktie
07-06-2008, 07:58 PM
If you are looking for a hardcourt shoe stay away from the Feathers. I have some and they provide great traction and "enough" cushioning on the rubico but for a hard court they are not the shoe to choose. Definitely go elsewhere in the Adidas line.

I second your opinion. Use Feathers on a hard court and you'll feel as though you're running barefoot. Nowhere near enough cushioning for the hard surface.

dr325i
07-07-2008, 11:22 AM
So the Ultimate edges are more solid than the feathers and tirand?

Not sure about the Feathers (never tried them since I play HC only) -- but definitely better than the Tirands -- better stability, grip, and less sweating. I don't remember the weight ,but Ultimate Edges are fairly light...love them!

Murray_Maniac
07-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Ok thanks for the help. So, Im gonna get the Ultimate edges for my b-day in 2 months :)

LPShanet
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM

I agree with all the upthread posts. The Feather III's are great shoes, but not great on a hard court. The Tirands are just takedowns, and are not top level shoes. The CC Ultimate is a good shoe. However, the one thing people haven't mentioned is the A3 Accelerator. It's a bit heavier than the others mentioned, but lighter than the Barricades, and plays even lighter than its weight. It's a top of the line shoe and some people like it a lot. You should consider including it in your search.