PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Pro Extreme FT--help needed

igor
03-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Guys, I'd like to know everything people have to say about this stick. Is the sweetspot really tiny? Is it good for spin? Just give me as much input as possible, please.
Igor

03-29-2004, 09:45 AM
the 325g version is 12 ounces strung with a SW of about 310. It is about 27.2 inches long and yes, the sweetspot is pretty damn small. It is stiff with an RA in the high 60's. Spin is excellent from the 16 x 18 pattern, 95 headsize. 20mm flat beam. Very stiff in the throat and hoop. IMO it feels a bit 'long' unlike the old VT98;s and Pro #1's which felt 'short'. Direction control is excellent provided you have long & fast strokes. Bunters need not apply. It plays not unlike a Hyper Pro Staff 5.0 from a few years back but is much easier on the arm due to superior vibration damping. It is not unlike a longer, heavier, less powerful, more headlight and less forgiving B & W Slazenger ProBraided.

tafuco
04-01-2004, 08:08 AM
years back i played with the ti radical midplus, until it broke on the throat, " if you know how to replace it from head give me an RA #.
anyway, i switched to a tt graphite mid and it works great, but the fischer pro extreme ft has me intrigued, but i can't demo it and i wanna know if it would be a good fit.
thanks in advance.

rdyto10
09-29-2008, 11:01 PM
I have two of the Fischer Extreme fit racquets. . .the lighter version which is 11.something ounces strung (can weigh if you want) 10.5 unstrung. . .

In my experience, this racquet doesnt give much power, but excellent ball control and direction of shot. Very spin friendly. . .and you can really swing out with it and still have most balls go in (with proper spin application, of course)

Looking to sell both of mine however. . . 8/10 condition both of them.

Email at rdyto10@gmail.com

alfa164164
09-30-2008, 07:17 AM
The original Pro Extreme had a moderately firm flex and a 16x19 string pattern. The Pro Extreme FT, in addition to adding the Frequency Tuning, also added fiberglass to the layup, and therefore played with more flex and was more muted. The FT model also had an even more open 16x18 string pattern. IMO the Pro Extreme FT was quite flexy (RA in the high fifties) and very low powered, but had exceptional directional and distance control. At 27.4" (actually about 27.25" due to Fischer's older rounded butt caps) and around 12 ounces strung it served big. I though it was a comfortable stick, but the sweet spot is no doubt very small. However, I strung mine at 52 lbs. and the lower tension really "opened" the frame up (decent pop and bigger sweetspot). Strung on the tight side, the racket is a board with virtually no sweet spot or power. IMO the original Pro Extreme (NON FT version) was one of the finest player's sticks out there with exceptional feedback and response. The Frequency Tuning "technology" took away some of the great feedback, but made the rackets more muted and perhaps more comfortable.