PDA

View Full Version : No more Nike Tennis Capris???

JRstriker12
07-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Anyone notice that there are no tennis capris in the Fall Nike Line-up?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/nike/catthumbs.html?ccode=MANIKE

Looks like maybe Rafa is making the switch to 13-inch shorts?

I wonder if Nike is phasing the capris out since they weren't selling, or something like that.

Matejszko
07-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Well, capris are sold at the 1st part of the year, and in the 2nd, longer shorts

JRstriker12
07-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Well, capris are sold at the 1st part of the year, and in the 2nd, longer shorts

So that's the normal pattern? Capris for Spring/Summer and long shorts for Fall/Winter?

hollywood9826
07-07-2008, 11:31 AM
They sell the Capris spring/summer to make sure there wil be plenty on the shevles for all the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, and transgender [although not at the same time because that would be a record]) pride parades.

SempreSami
07-07-2008, 12:03 PM
They sell the Capris spring/summer to make sure there wil be plenty on the shevles for all the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, and transgender [although not at the same time because that would be a record]) pride parades.

Hello insecurity.

hollywood9826
07-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Nah, not insecure. Just not a big fan of Capri's. I think they look dumb on females as well, but on a dude they are ridiculous. I stand by opinion and Im sure that 80% or more of america will agree with me. Does that make it right? No. But, the truth is the truth.

Capri pants
–noun (used with a plural verb) women's casual trousers with a tapered leg that end above the ankle and a vertical slit at the outside bottom edge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1955–60; after Capri]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

150mph_
07-07-2008, 12:18 PM
i think if you are fit like nadal you can wear whatever you want

Passingshot
07-07-2008, 12:25 PM

I disagree.

ogruskie
07-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Just play the damn game. Who cares what you wear.

hollywood9826
07-07-2008, 12:31 PM

Anyone one can wear whatever they want. And they can look stupid and have people call them names behind thier backs and to the face as well.

I think that bandanas look stupid as well, but those things absorb mad sweat. I see no benefit in wearing capri pants on the court. Next thing you know some guy will be wearing JAMS and Zubaz pants out there.

SempreSami
07-07-2008, 12:31 PM
I wear 3/4 lengths to look taller (I'm only 5'9").

hollywood9826
07-07-2008, 12:44 PM
3/4 length does sound alot more manly than capri's.

Hopefully you dont have Cankles :)

JRstriker12
07-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Hollywood - The new 13-inch shorts should be called "Zapvor" length shorts.

LOL!

150mph_
07-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Just play the damn game. Who cares what you wear.

+1

Anyone one can wear whatever they want. And they can look stupid and have people call them names behind thier backs and to the face as well.

I think that bandanas look stupid as well, but those things absorb mad sweat. I see no benefit in wearing capri pants on the court. Next thing you know some guy will be wearing JAMS and Zubaz pants out there.

And who cares what people think?

Nadal can wear an old pizza stained cotton t-shirt to roland garros and he would still dismantel everyone... even roger...

if anyone complains then he is a sore-loser

case closed

/thread

superlobber
07-10-2008, 10:49 PM
If you wear it and play good, then people will say that you are cool.
Wear it and play bad, then people will say that you are gay and might even call you names.

Il Mostro
07-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Does this mean that Rafa will not constantly pick at his ass?

benne
07-10-2008, 11:02 PM
you beat the king, and win at wimbledon, where whatever the **** you want.

zacinnc78
01-03-2009, 08:33 AM
women look f$%^%^g hot in capris!

KFwinds
01-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Nah, not insecure. Just not a big fan of Capri's. I think they look dumb on females as well, but on a dude they are ridiculous. I stand by opinion and Im sure that 80% or more of america will agree with me. Does that make it right? No. But, the truth is the truth.

Capri pants
–noun (used with a plural verb) women's casual trousers with a tapered leg that end above the ankle and a vertical slit at the outside bottom edge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1955–60; after Capri]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

That's fine if you don't like 'em, but to clarify, Nike's 3/4 pant (the actual name) is NOT a capri (esp by the definition you posted). I have two pair, and always get compliments at the club when I wear 'em.

Storm_Kyori
01-03-2009, 11:10 AM
I think Nike is trying to change Rafa's image, sho maybe capris just aren't gonig to be in the lineup as much as before. That's what I think. I think is time for change as far as Nadal, more shorts, but in teh end that's his decision.

mrmo1115
01-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I think Nike is trying to change Rafa's image, sho maybe capris just aren't gonig to be in the lineup as much as before. That's what I think. I think is time for change as far as Nadal, more shorts, but in teh end that's his decision.

I think that Nike wants Nadal to have more of a grown up look, instead of the young guy wearing sleeveless shirts and capris. I am not sure I like the polo look on Nadal anymore than his old outfits. :( At least hopefully, by not wearing the capris anymore, hopefully he can break the habit of picking in his butt..