PDA

View Full Version : Prince MV4 vs MC4

Vermillion
07-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Howdy! I was just wondering if any of you guys tried out both of these shoes before. I wanted to know what the differences are and how they match up to each other.

My last shoe is Barricades IV (Sending them to get a replacement right now).

Kinda short on $ so I thought I tried something new!

JSE
07-08-2008, 11:33 AM
I play in the MC4. It's by far the most comfortable tennis shoe I have ever worn. Very cushy and still plenty of support. The durabilty is probably on par with Nike and Addidas and there is a warranty.

I want to try the MV4 as well. I have heard it's pretty much just a better ventilated MC4. The website tends to suggest it's not as cushioned but the technology seems to be the same. I hope to get a pair in a couple weeks once back from vacation.

Vermillion
07-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Ah I see. How's the durability on the MC4? Have you ever worn the Barricades 2,3, or 4 before?

JSE
07-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Ah I see. How's the durability on the MC4? Have you ever worn the Barricades 2,3, or 4 before?

The durability in pretty good. I would say on par with Nike and Addidas. I have worn the Barricade V's and the Nike Breathe Free II's. The Nike and Addidas did not really work for me. Just not cushioned enough. I'm a pretty big athletic guy. 6'2", 250lb so I need a shoe that can take a beating and provide some comfort. The MC4 is the shoe I keep going back to.

snoopy
07-08-2008, 01:09 PM
I wear the MV4s, it's a nice shoe.

The standout features for me are it's ventilation, which is great in the summer, it's durable sole, and it's traction.

The stability is good, the shoe feels pretty low to the ground. The comfort is decent, I haven't had any problems. However, I do wish the sole was softer. The biggest negative is that the shoe requires a break-in period. The upper feels stiff in the beginning. Early on my little toe felt like it was being pinched. The fit is fine now.

I haven't used the MC4s but I did try them on. I can't say much about them other than they clearly aren't as well ventilated as the MV4s. I wasn't able to gauge their level of cushioning by wearing them in the store.

OneHander
07-09-2008, 07:53 AM
The new Prince OV-1 is fantastic. It has no break-in period, is very well ventilated, great traction, comfortable, and in my opinion plays lighter than its stated weight.