PDA

View Full Version : I got my hands on one of Fed's cardigans!!!

Belmonte13
07-07-2008, 05:21 PM
A friend of mine works for the Tennis Channel and Nike so she was at Wimbledon....she is also friends with Phil Knight (founder of Nike and wealthier than God).....Phil got her one of Roger's cardigan sweaters so she brought it back here to Pittsburgh....we only get to keep it in my shop for a week though :( ........but from what I understand there is only one other sweater in the states right now, and it's with ESPN in Bristol CT........furthermore, I was told that it's one of only 20 that they made for Fed.....the 200+ macenroe was talking about are different......it's 92% cashmere and 8% linen.......it's so soft!! i just want to steal it haha.....but i dont think roger would like that :P

i have a picture of myself in it click the link!

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v282/124/39/35102342/n35102342_32021819_7130.jpg

150mph_
07-07-2008, 05:33 PM
pic link does not work - post the .jpg link by right clicking the picture...

Belmonte13
07-07-2008, 05:36 PM
pic link does not work - post the .jpg link by right clicking the picture...

ah-ha. good thinking. thanks

meowmix
07-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Nice looking. You're quite lucky.

TheShaun
07-07-2008, 05:47 PM
I didn't know K90's came pre-strung....

Cool experience, thanks for sharing. And really thanks for posting a pic, that saved you from getting flamed hard.

Belmonte13
07-07-2008, 05:49 PM

Cool experience, thanks for sharing. And really thanks for posting a pic, that saved you from getting flamed hard.

haha yeah that k-90 was a gift from Wilson....not made for sale

NovakWannabe
07-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Lucky! You live in Pittsburgh, and you got your hands on a Federer cardigan!

MLoutch
07-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Awesome - I also love your shop (sorry i can't remember the name) - from the photo that shop is the small two level mom/pop store near the Pitt campus, right?

I live in Texas but make it a point to visit every tennis store i can when on business trips - you guys have strung for me and are an awesome little shop that has been there forever.

zapvor
07-07-2008, 07:11 PM
damn thats outstanding.

Fee
07-07-2008, 09:13 PM
I had one of the retail versions in my hand on Sunday, at the Nike Town in Oxford Circus, London. 260 pounds sterling, but that's about $520 and I didn't even know what size my friend wanted, so I just backed away. They also had his gold swoosh shirt and Maria's complete tuxedo outfit there.

Are there any plans to make this stuff more widely available?

ojingoh
07-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I just have one question: Do the buttons work? I'm dead serious, every time I saw Federer take that thing off he pulled it over his head like a regular sweater >_<

Hot Sauce
07-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Sorry to tell you, but you got a fake Cardigan. If you look closely at the buttons you can tell that the spacing is different than the real ones. I'm just kidding, it's nice though. You've got some good hook-ups to get the RF cardigan, and a K90. Nice!

Fred The Red
07-07-2008, 11:09 PM
I just have one question: Do the buttons work? I'm dead serious, every time I saw Federer take that thing off he pulled it over his head like a regular sweater >_<

yes, they work.
but it's easier to pull it over the head

DarthCow
07-07-2008, 11:44 PM
The buttons on one of my 5 Federer cardigans, lets me choose how much racquet head speed i want.
Its great.

esm
07-08-2008, 01:42 AM
I had one of the retail versions in my hand on Sunday, at the Nike Town in Oxford Circus, London. 260 pounds sterling, but that's about $520 and I didn't even know what size my friend wanted, so I just backed away. They also had his gold swoosh shirt and Maria's complete tuxedo outfit there.

saw them yesterday.... just wait for a couple of months, they will go into the bargain bin......
there are a few nice tennis outfits on sale on level - unforturnatly they did not have all sizes

A friend of mine works for the Tennis Channel and Nike so she was at Wimbledon....she is also friends with Phil Knight (founder of Nike and wealthier than God).....Phil got her one of Roger's cardigan sweaters so she brought it back here to Pittsburgh....we only get to keep it in my shop for a week though :( ........but from what I understand there is only one other sweater in the states right now, and it's with ESPN in Bristol CT........furthermore, I was told that it's one of only 20 that they made for Fed.....the 200+ macenroe was talking about are different......it's 92% cashmere and 8% linen.......it's so soft!! i just want to steal it haha.....but i dont think roger would like that :P

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v282/124/39/35102342/n35102342_32021819_7130.jpg

wow.. really....
Fed must be wearing one of those 200+ Mac was talking about then... :)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/733682.jpg

adams_1
07-08-2008, 03:03 AM
So many racquets on that wall! I wish there was a tennis shop here...

Belmonte13
07-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Awesome - I also love your shop (sorry i can't remember the name) - from the photo that shop is the small two level mom/pop store near the Pitt campus, right?

I live in Texas but make it a point to visit every tennis store i can when on business trips - you guys have strung for me and are an awesome little shop that has been there forever.

haha yep you're right, Tennis Village.....been there 32 years

nickynu
07-08-2008, 05:49 AM

DEFINATE PAINTJOB, federer uses a 90 sq inch cardie with a stiffer layup and leather powerpads on the elbow

leftiegirl
07-08-2008, 06:28 AM
And....Why are you keeping the sweater in the shop for a week? So people can drop in and take a look? Interesting? And you say it's actually Roger's sweater?
More questions than oohs and aahs, I guess.

SempreSami
07-08-2008, 06:58 AM

Damn, I knew I'd miss happenings in Central London when I came home from university.

Eric4
07-08-2008, 10:20 AM

its because its not a real k90, its fake.

certifiedjatt
07-08-2008, 10:57 AM
ok that cardigan the dude is wearing is not one of those made for federer. look at the color of the buttons.

shavenstringer
07-08-2008, 11:24 AM
ok that cardigan the dude is wearing is not one of those made for federer. look at the color of the buttons.

It's not the same as the one you have? :twisted:

certifiedjatt
07-08-2008, 12:22 PM
It's not the same as the one you have? :twisted:

not you again. look, i don't do internet dating. stop pursuing me romantically, under the pretenses of mockery and insults.

barpo
07-08-2008, 12:57 PM

I would have to agree...the buttons look different, I'm thinkin' its one of the 230 for sale. Just my opinion.

AJK1
07-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Could you weigh it and measure the balance point please. Also, is there any lead tape hidden under the collar?

Josherer
07-08-2008, 05:11 PM

It's so SEXY!

Belmonte13
07-09-2008, 04:00 AM
And....Why are you keeping the sweater in the shop for a week? So people can drop in and take a look? Interesting? And you say it's actually Roger's sweater?
More questions than oohs and aahs, I guess.

i was merely told by my friend that it was, so i have to take her word for it....although i know the buttons are different, but who's to say the ones they made for fed all have the same buttons? i don't know. also, since it is a loner from nike, we have to give it back after a week or so.....i don't know why they would only loan us one of the ones that can be sold

2nd_Serve
07-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Wow nice. I want one of those.

nCode747
07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
i found a similar cardigan online

http://www.jacamo.co.uk/productcache/CGN/BO6655/ID067EK.html.gz

ALEJOVAL
07-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Not are the same cardigan of federer if you look the buttons of federer are brown and the buttons of belmonte are white

consistency wins
07-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Not are the same cardigan of federer if you look the buttons of federer are brown and the buttons of belmonte are white

The white buttons are a PJ of the original sweater designed for the Fed. Personally, I wouldn't want a cardigan with five buttons to remind myself that the Fed has won five in a row. Like I need a sweater to tell me that.

The sweater is vanity for both the public and the Fed.

zidane339
07-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Hey Belmonte, I will be visiting your store very frequently this fall! I'm a freshman at CMU.

I remember staying at CMU over the summer for a couple of weeks and I visited your shop quite a lot. I love it there!

Say, you wouldn't have a job opening there? I also have some experience stringing. : )

kutafon
07-11-2008, 08:10 AM
i found a similar cardigan online

http://www.jacamo.co.uk/productcache/CGN/BO6655/ID067EK.html.gz

loooooooooooooooool

Belmonte13
07-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Hey Belmonte, I will be visiting your store very frequently this fall! I'm a freshman at CMU.

I remember staying at CMU over the summer for a couple of weeks and I visited your shop quite a lot. I love it there!

Say, you wouldn't have a job opening there? I also have some experience stringing. : )

hey what a coincidence because i'm going to be the men's asst. coach at cmu this year haha. we can always use help stringing.....just stop by some time and we'll test you out.

leftiegirl
07-12-2008, 04:47 AM
i was merely told by my friend that it was, so i have to take her word for it....although i know the buttons are different, but who's to say the ones they made for fed all have the same buttons? i don't know. also, since it is a loner from nike, we have to give it back after a week or so.....i don't know why they would only loan us one of the ones that can be sold

Cool...thanks..

tomas9848
07-12-2008, 05:09 AM
Im so jealous

zidane339
07-12-2008, 07:33 PM
hey what a coincidence because i'm going to be the men's asst. coach at cmu this year haha. we can always use help stringing.....just stop by some time and we'll test you out.

That is quite a concidence! You're the Asst. Coach! Awesome!

I actually left a message earlier in the year to the Head Coach, Andrew Girard, about trying out for the team but I never got a return call. I looked into CMU tennis further and I realized the level of competition is quite high, so I didn't pursue it any further since I'm a 4.0, and CMU guys seemed to be at the 5.0+ level.Not to mention, I'm going to be majoring in mechanical engineering, and the workload isn't not exactly easy to manage along with athletics.

But anyways, I will definitely stop on in during the school year and see what you think of my stringing. I started around five months ago and have strung around fifty frames. Speedwise, I'm not that great yet, but I have good technique and work ethic. Also, I'm getting plenty of practice this summer. If you ever want to discuss anything, feel free to email me in private at weig1@andrew.cmu.edu. Thanks and it's great meeting you.

Eph
07-14-2008, 07:01 AM
Who makes the cashmere?