PDA

View Full Version : Nike Cage II Stability

FreshStew
07-09-2008, 03:38 PM
The other night I sprained my left ankle in my Oscillates. I have had problems in the past with my left ankle in basketball. This is the first time I have sprained an ankle in tennis. I don't know if it was the Oscillates or me.

Is the stability in the Cage IIs better than the Oscillates?

I really wanna get the Cages but I'm scared to play in them since they ride so high.

Should I get the Zoom Trainers or Vapor Vs instead?

Suggestions?

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED;)

miniRafa386
07-09-2008, 05:12 PM
i think the cage IIs have the most stability of the two nike elite shoes: cage and vapor. im an owner of both and from personal experience, the cages have more stability.

more so in this one: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?PCODE=NBC2WBZ

not as much this one: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?PCODE=NBC2WNR

where it says tenniswarehouse.com, near the .com part is what i mean, the part in the first one sticks out more and its thicker for more stability

BreakPoint
07-09-2008, 05:22 PM
i think the cage IIs have the most stability of the two nike elite shoes: cage and vapor. im an owner of both and from personal experience, the cages have more stability.

more so in this one: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?PCODE=NBC2WBZ

not as much this one: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?PCODE=NBC2WNR

where it says tenniswarehouse.com, near the .com part is what i mean, the part in the first one sticks out more and its thicker for more stability
Huh? Aren't those two links to the same exact Cage II shoe, just different colorways? I don't think they would change the design of the soles until the next model.

But I agree that the Cage II's are very stable.

miniRafa386
07-09-2008, 05:25 PM
no, i dont know what its called, but if you look at where the side of your foot would be, near the side of the toes, its different there.

its slightly above to the right on where it says tenniswarehouse.com on the bottom of the pic.

FreshStew
07-09-2008, 05:45 PM

Thanks miniRafa;)

Does your foot sit in the shoe once you break them in?

FreshStew
07-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Huh? Aren't those two links to the same exact Cage II shoe, just different colorways? I don't think they would change the design of the soles until the next model.

But I agree that the Cage II's are very stable.

Yeah I think they are just shot at different angles.

Are the Cage IIs more stable than the Vapor Vs?

miniRafa386
07-09-2008, 06:07 PM
for me, it took a solid warm up to break mine in, the vapor Vs were great out of the box.

from personal experience, TRUST ME, go with the cages.

FreshStew
07-09-2008, 07:18 PM
for me, it took a solid warm up to break mine in, the vapor Vs were great out of the box.

from personal experience, TRUST ME, go with the cages.

I am gonna get em but you know when you first put them on how the heel sits high, does that change after you break em in?

I'm a baseliner so I need that lateral support.

FreshStew
07-09-2008, 09:19 PM
I wear a 9.5 in the BFIIs.

Is sizing the same in the Cage IIs?????

BreakPoint
07-09-2008, 11:16 PM
I wear a 9.5 in the BFIIs.

Is sizing the same in the Cage IIs?????
It was for me.

And, yes, I think the Cages are more stable than the Vapors.

Harry24
07-10-2008, 12:05 AM
I am gonna get em but you know when you first put them on how the heel sits high, does that change after you break em in?

I'm a baseliner so I need that lateral support.
Yes it is alot more stable after you break em in. Until you break them in they feel like they ride too high but about 3-4 days of practice and the feels as stable as barricades.

FreshStew
07-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Yes it is alot more stable after you break em in. Until you break them in they feel like they ride too high but about 3-4 days of practice and the feels as stable as barricades.

Big Ups Harry;)

Thats all I needed to know.8-)

Could anyone compare the stability to the Zoom Trainers?????

KFwinds
07-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Big Ups Harry;)

Thats all I needed to know.8-)

Could anyone compare the stability to the Zoom Trainers?????

Having had several pairs of Barricades (II's and III's) and a few pairs of Breathes (II's and Cages), I can tell you that my new Zoom Trainers are much more stable in comparison. There is NO WAY anyone could roll an ankle in these - if you somehow manage to do it, it certainly won't be the fault of the shoes.

FreshStew
07-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Having had several pairs of Barricades (II's and III's) and a few pairs of Breathes (II's and Cages), I can tell you that my new Zoom Trainers are much more stable in comparison. There is NO WAY anyone could roll an ankle in these - if you somehow manage to do it, it certainly won't be the fault of the shoes.

Compared to the Cage IIs???

FreshStew
07-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Zoom Trainers good for tennis?

FreshStew
07-10-2008, 06:02 PM
anyone?????

KFwinds
07-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Compared to the Cage IIs???

I can't say compared to the Cage II's because I have not owned a pair. I did try them on in the store, though, and they seemed to be very similar to the first edition. The uppers were a little stiffer for sure, but it didn't seem as if the stability would be a lot different.

Although I haven't had them on the court yet, I would have to say that the Zoom Trainers should be excellent for tennis. There is nothing about this shoe so far that would indicate to me otherwise. Plus, they're flippin' sweet.

ojingoh
07-11-2008, 12:14 AM
IIs are stiffer than the orginals in the forefoot. I have a wide forefoot and zero tolerance for crappy fit. The I's are breaking in nicely, pretty much sorted out in the 2 weeks i've owned them. I went with IIs over Is because I wanted a wider front. Technically speaking the I is not wider, but it stretches more to accomodate the foot. The IIs are specifically designed not to stretch as much.

Both of them are much tighter than the Free IIs, those are some seriously comfortable shoes. Mine got super floppy towards the end, but plush.

FreshStew
07-11-2008, 12:00 PM
I can't say compared to the Cage II's because I have not owned a pair. I did try them on in the store, though, and they seemed to be very similar to the first edition. The uppers were a little stiffer for sure, but it didn't seem as if the stability would be a lot different.

Although I haven't had them on the court yet, I would have to say that the Zoom Trainers should be excellent for tennis. There is nothing about this shoe so far that would indicate to me otherwise. Plus, they're flippin' sweet.

Do you think the Zoom Trainers will hold up on hard court?????

FreshStew
07-11-2008, 04:53 PM
anyone?????

KFwinds
07-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Do you think the Zoom Trainers will hold up on hard court?????

They seem like they would...the outsole uses the same XDR rubber compound as the other high-end Nikes (Breathes, Cages, Vapors). But unfortunately I can't say for sure because I haven't used them on the court yet. Sorry I can't help you more, except that I really like mine so far. Maybe someone who has used them on court can chime in...

FreshStew
07-13-2008, 09:42 AM
They seem like they would...the outsole uses the same XDR rubber compound as the other high-end Nikes (Breathes, Cages, Vapors). But unfortunately I can't say for sure because I haven't used them on the court yet. Sorry I can't help you more, except that I really like mine so far. Maybe someone who has used them on court can chime in...

Are you gonna play in them?

miniRafa386
07-13-2008, 10:49 AM

are the zoom trainers the McEnroe shoes?

FreshStew
07-13-2008, 03:25 PM
are the zoom trainers the McEnroe shoes?

Yeah they're the updated version of the McEnroes:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSNIKE-NMAZTWG.html