PDA

View Full Version : Pro Pro's Challenger

Barricade V
07-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Whats with these. Anybody ever tried them? Can you buy them in the U.S.??

Thanks

hollywood9826
07-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Pros Pros is what eagnas/Lilly Lee sell thier products as in Europe. I have an Eagnas challenger 1 and it was a very good machine. the clamps are nice and slide very nice once you get them adjusted properly. The gripper works well. I am happy with my purchase. I got tired of using the drop weight though So i put a WISE head on mine.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2083/2516483253_e696669089.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3282/2654547046_e9c3478424.jpg?v=0

Barricade V
07-09-2008, 05:38 PM
thanks, I've heard that eagnas are very low quality. Do you think so?

Big-Serve
07-10-2008, 02:17 AM
How you mounted the Wise on the machine?

hollywood9826
07-10-2008, 02:25 AM
thanks, I've heard that eagnas are very low quality. Do you think so?

The build quality is fine. Like i said you will have to adjust the clamp bases to slide on the track and close properly. But honestly I do not see how they could improve the quality of this machine that much.

The only issue I had with the machine was the fact I didnt know how to use it, and messed up the ratcheting action so it wouldnt pull tension. Instead of pushing the paddle down and letting ease up I was forcing it oput and broke it. But, I simply sent it back to eagnas (on my dime) and two weeks later it came back. I strung up a few sticks to test it out and it worked fine.

Personally with eagnas I would avoid thier electronic models. but the drop weight and crank machines (newer models) all appear to built very well.

hollywood9826
07-10-2008, 02:27 AM
How you mounted the Wise on the machine?

Wise actually makes a adapter to mount it to on. It was like an extra 12 dollars or something. Its just a nice heavy duty metal L-braket with pre drilled holes to fit the machine.

Hankenstein
07-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Pros Pros is what eagnas/Lilly Lee sell thier products as in Europe

I have to correct that statement. Since a couple of years Pro´s Pro have their own factory in Asia (from what i remember they have a prod unit in China). They do not use Lilly Lee´s manufacturing company anymore. The switch came when they changed models from the Professional 7/8000 line to the Pilot/XP Plus line about 2 years ago.

Speedygonzalez
07-16-2008, 05:21 AM
Bought mine second hand for 35 euros. The only thing I had to do was adjust the base of the clamps and the bolts of the tension heads to fix it properly.
I string almost everyday and it works great for me.

smO
07-20-2008, 02:57 AM
What's the difference between Challenger I and Challenger II ?

barry
07-20-2008, 03:27 AM
What's the difference between Challenger I and Challenger II ?

http://www.eagnas.com/lilylee/chalseri.html

pizikylin
04-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Pros Pros is what eagnas/Lilly Lee sell thier products as in Europe. I have an Eagnas challenger 1 and it was a very good machine. the clamps are nice and slide very nice once you get them adjusted properly. The gripper works well. I am happy with my purchase. I got tired of using the drop weight though So i put a WISE head on mine.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2083/2516483253_e696669089.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3282/2654547046_e9c3478424.jpg?v=0

Hi, I am also interested in this setup. Would you please provide some details about the connection part?
How did you manage to add this head onto a Challenger one?
What kind of adapter did you use? Is that the one designed for Gamma crank machines?

Thanks very much.

Regards

David123
04-12-2010, 09:15 AM
lol.. you just gravedug a thread that was like 2 years old.. lol..I doubt you're going to get any replies from any of these people. In my opininon although i don't have hands on experience, just from the reviews i read, Eagnas is either hit or miss, and some people choose to purchase machines from them while others do not. Although the Wise is quite the addition :)

hollywood9826
05-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Hi, I am also interested in this setup. Would you please provide some details about the connection part?
What kind of adapter did you use? Is that the one designed for Gamma crank machines?

Thanks very much.

Regards

Well it was hit for me.

and piz when I bought the machine I had to pay and extra 12 bucks for an L-Bracket to mount the Wise on the Challenger.

I have a few more pics of it in this thread.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=199245

Lakers4Life
05-07-2010, 10:20 AM

Thanks very much.

Regards

To mount a Wise 2086 to a Challenger I you need to buy the L-bracket from Wise.

The standard mount that comes with the Wise 2086, allowes you to mount the unit on any crank machine. For Gamma crank machines, there is an optional part that raises the tensionhead, but you lose 360 degree rotation.

barry
05-08-2010, 04:25 AM
To mount a Wise 2086 to a Challenger I you need to buy the L-bracket from Wise.

The standard mount that comes with the Wise 2086, allowes you to mount the unit on any crank machine. For Gamma crank machines, there is an optional part that raises the tensionhead, but you lose 360 degree rotation.

You can get 360 rotations by adding washers either above the bearing or large ones under the bearing. All of the Eagnas machines I have seen have the turntable attached to a bearing with 4 allen head screws. If you can raise the turn table, then 360 rotations would be possible.

I added washers to my Flash 925, and love the freedom, now if I can figure out how to eliminate 6 point mounting, my productivity will soar!

Lakers4Life
05-08-2010, 07:55 PM
The Wise 2086 has 360 degree rotation on Gamma crank machine, straight out of the box. The optional bracket raises the tensionhead, thus losing 360 deg. rotation. It's basically an extension. SO no need to raise the turntable, without the optional extension, if you want to keep 360 deg. rotation.

Roadway
09-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I have used Challenger I to string over ten racquets by myself.
It is good. Constant tension full gives tight string bed.
The ratchet helps to string easily.
The 6 point mounting system is good.
But the clamps tends to be rusted.
And the gripper doesn't grip the thin strings very well. I have to put some paper in it to hold the sting.

iebro
09-16-2010, 05:16 AM
pro's pro is not eagnas, but they are made in same province in China.

It is a oem of Austria brand.

I think shuttle is cheaper and worth than Challenger.

There has not much difference between these low-middle level price manual machine, pro's pro, eagnas, alpha, or other brands.
They were all oem made in chinese factories in zhejiang province China.