PDA

View Full Version : Saw Maria's racquets being strung...

cjk1026
07-10-2008, 04:16 AM
At my local pro shop last night I saw a couple of Sharapova's Prince racquets being strung. They installed an unmarked red colored poly (at least it looked like poly to me, 17g I believe) in the mains and 17g VS in the crosses. Tensions were 60-M/62-C and 59-M/61-C. The shop uses a Prince crank machine. The poly (?) came in a couple of very cool individual plastic, snap shut cases (sort of like very thin Tupperware) that had a small (very small) Babolat etched on it.

Quite a few touring pros have racquets strung at this place and another a couple miles up the road, especially this time of year. Not to mention, Maria owns a home nearby.

Was it only 2 racquets because they were going to be demo'd either for the string or the racquet? I have no clue.

Trevor
07-10-2008, 04:23 AM
Sounds like the new Hurricane.

babolat141
07-10-2008, 04:25 AM
At my local pro shop last night I saw a couple of Sharapova's Prince racquets being strung. They installed an unmarked red colored poly (at least it looked like poly to me, 17g I believe) in the mains and 17g VS in the crosses. Tensions were 60-M/62-C and 59-M/61-C. The shop uses a Prince crank machine. The poly (?) came in a couple of very cool individual plastic, snap shut cases (sort of like very thin Tupperware) that had a small (very small) Babolat etched on it.

Quite a few touring pros have racquets strung at this place and another a couple miles up the road, especially this time of year. Not to mention, Maria owns a home nearby.

Was it only 2 racquets because they were going to be demo'd either for the string or the racquet? I have no clue.

If i were you i would've camped at that shop for when she does pick the rackets up you say can i have yo number.

cjk1026
07-10-2008, 04:44 AM
If i were you i would've camped at that shop for when she does pick the rackets up you say can i have yo number.

Believe it or not, her number was on the tag, or it could have Michael's. However, she's too tall for me (I'm 6'2") and I hear she's a stalker.:wink:

AlpineCadet
07-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Sounds like the new Hurricane.I hope so. Can't wait to try out those strings.

DarthCow
07-13-2008, 11:10 PM
PHT came in a snap shut case.
And if it said Babolat on the packet, then its definitely the new hurricane.
:shock::shock::shock:

BluDiamond
07-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Is the new Hurricane the 200R stuff??

Cup8489
07-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Believe it or not, her number was on the tag, or it could have Michael's. However, she's too tall for me (I'm 6'2") and I hear she's a stalker.:wink:

she can stalk me anytime she wants :)

westy
07-14-2008, 07:38 AM
I didnt think a pro would have their racket strung on anything but electric?

Fedace
07-14-2008, 07:48 AM
Sounds like the new Hurricane.

I am not sure why this string is such a Top Secret ?? from what i am seeing, many pros across the tour, including the women, are loving it and trying it out on both practice courts and in live matches. So it must be a awsome string, or awsome POLY, should i say. i say this despite the fact that Andy dumped it during his loss at Wimby. they crybaby just needed a excuse, i suppose

babolat141
07-16-2008, 12:09 PM
I wish they would stop waiting and already start selling this string it might be the new luxilon that lasts longer than a few hours. I hope This hurricane is going to be as popular as the VS gut like 20 years ago.

topspinalex
07-16-2008, 07:56 PM
if u search pro hurricane on ****. the new one pops up :)