PDA

View Full Version : PSG Duraflex or Recoil?

jimbo525
07-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Which one of these strings do you perfer for the o3 blackspeedport.
I've been playingwith the prince synthetic gut 16g duraflex 58lb for the past 2 months and im wondering if i should switch to the recoil.
What are the differences in the durability, spin, control an power?

jimbo525
07-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Also, what are the most arm friendly polyester or top spin strings out there?

bladepdb
07-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Most people on this forum will tell you Recoil is a tremendous waste of money for a syn gut string. In fact you're probably better off buying a reel of PSGD and restringing (if you have your own stringing machine or a cheap store for labor charge on stringing) than to buy a set of Recoil.

That said, I wouldn't recommend the Recoil based on my one trial with it...yeah the strings don't move, that's the whole point, but it doesn't offer the crispness that PSGD does. IMO that makes PSGD worth it in my book and why you're probably better off using a soft co-poly string for about $9/set than a $25/set Recoil. Polys don't move much so you'd get sort of the same benefit as Recoil minus the rip-off factor :)

tennisfreak15347
07-10-2008, 12:21 PM
IMO, Recoil string is very bad. The "amazing" thing that recoil strings sapposedly do is not move, which is basically what a poly string does anyways. It plays with a plastic feel, and is not worth the price. It does not even mention if it is a multifilament or a poly, which is totally stupid. get Technifibre X-One strings instead. One of the top-shelf multifilament strings.