PDA

View Full Version : String Advise - Speedport Blacks - Help

Coop
07-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm really struggling to find a set up that I'm comfortable with, would like some thoughts from the crew. A little about me: 4-4.5 player, hard hitter, OHBH, play both singles and doubles and I serve and volley a good bit. I have a little elbow trouble but nothing major. I tend to string around 62+lbs if it were just a straight syn gut job. I've gone through some hybrids (Prince Syn/Tour Blend and Wilson Duo as an example), some of the normal Prince/Wilson syn guts and a couple of other attempts. I string myself so I'm totally cool with experimenting and cutting something out if I don't like it. Oh yea, one other thing, I've been playing with the speedport grommets in the racquet.

I've looked through a bunch of the string posts and comparisons and with my limited brain capacity I'm now even more confused. I want something that allows me to generate the power, gives me good spin and I can actually feel the dang ball.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Lefty5
07-10-2008, 12:41 PM
I play now with both a SP Black and O3 White. I have got Unique Big Hitter Blue in all of them strung up at 63lbs. OK power, awesome spin, plays more like a multi but with durability. I think any "soft" poly is the perfect combo for those frames. Don't use Lux or Bab unless you want to blow out your elbow for the rest of your life. Any multi or syn breaks too quickly with these frames.