PDA

View Full Version : the right hybrid?

tennisguy94
07-10-2008, 12:56 PM
hi, I currently use a speedport tour with the hole inserts. I have it strung with prince synthetic gut right now but I would like a nice hybrid. I tried a poly with synthetic gut but I didnt like it. I also tried full poly. It hit well but the poly was a little stiff. Any Suggestions?

rorourboat320
07-10-2008, 01:21 PM
have you tried a poly with a multi. which poly did you try and what tension?

tennisguy94
07-10-2008, 01:48 PM
i tried wilson enduro pro at 58

rorourboat320
07-10-2008, 04:16 PM
well i suggest trying pro supex big ace. pretty soft poly and i use it as a hybrid. there's a thread with poly reviews from nickb. i think the title is nick's poly review so check that out.

2nd_Serve
07-10-2008, 05:53 PM
have you tried a poly with a multi. which poly did you try and what tension?

It doesn't matter if they hybrided it with a multifilament. Synthetic guts, and multifilaments in a hybrid aren't too different. In full job, or in the mains, is a different story, but in the cross, it isn't worth the extra money.

Anyways, if you don't like synthetic gut w/ poly, then your out of choices if you want to play with poly. Unless your willing to constantly restring with gut.

But If you aren't planning on using a poly, just experiment with two strings that you like, and keep mixing them up. You'll find the right combination in time.

rorourboat320
07-10-2008, 06:02 PM
It doesn't matter if they hybrided it with a multifilament. Synthetic guts, and multifilaments in a hybrid aren't too different. In full job, or in the mains, is a different story, but in the cross, it isn't worth the extra money.

hmm i noticed a difference with using a multi or a syn gut, or maybe my tensions were different. idk

anyway.. i still suggest big ace. it's a pretty soft poly. good luck