PDA

View Full Version : Klip XPlosive and KBoom

NoBadMojo
02-21-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi....I am gonna string my bat w. this Klip XPlosive and am wondering if I need to drop the tension on the crosses (they will be the KBoom) and the mains will be the gut. Thanks. Ed

bcaz
02-22-2004, 01:34 PM
Ed, I hav ethe same question, although I won't be stringing that set for at least another couple of weeks or so. I prefer to use the same tension in the mains and the crosses to avoid unusual stresses on the frame. I used an all-poly job once (ALU BB Rough 16L) and followed the advice to string a few pounds lower. I have a set of that Klip hybrid and I also have more ALU to hybrid with if I like the results with the Klip. Meanwhile, though, I'm really enjoying my first hybrid job, which has 16L gut in the mains and 17g syngut in the crosses, all at 60 lbs.

Please post on your results...

BC

kreative
02-22-2004, 04:31 PM
i don't think you need to drop the tension on the crosses. since polys lose tension faster than natural gut, they'll naturally be a little lower. a friend of mine is playing a babolat pure control w/ gut mains, and alu crosses @ 60lbs and is enjoying it much. ample power but controllable.

NoBadMojo
02-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Thanks Kreative..that makes sense. I dont know much about the KBoom, but it isnt a straight poly..it is supposedly softer and maybe it holds its tension better. I am gonna stick this in a VEngine9 and will post feedback if someone is interested. I currently am using BowBrand mains and OG Sheep Micro crosses strung at the same tension..around 60. Edo

Craig Sheppard
02-22-2004, 06:30 PM
What do people think of Klip strings in general? I've never heard any talk about them really...

-Craig.

bcaz
02-22-2004, 07:51 PM
I've used two sets of Klip Legend natural gut, one 16g & one 17g. It plays very well, is pretty durable for gut, and perhaps a little stiffer and crisper than the BDE and Pacific I've tried.

NoBadMojo
02-23-2004, 03:26 PM
I emailed Klip and they were nice enough to respond. here is what they said. Ed <snip> Ed,

Thanks for purchasing Klip string! We recommend stringing the K-Boom 3-4 lbs looser than the natural gut. This will give the ideal tension that you are looking for. If you have any additional questions, feel free to e-mail us.

Sincerely,

Hans
Klip America, Inc.

bcaz
02-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Ed -- I'm not surprised but still apprehensive, given Kreative's comments and my own limited experience with poly. Looks like you'll beat me to stringing the Klip hybrid, so please share your impressions when you can. Thanks ...

BC