PDA

View Full Version : Natural Gut question

renderman
07-11-2008, 01:51 PM
So having tried out Wilson Nat gut in Crosses with Alu in mains on my K90, I love how racket plays with it. I will switch the config the other way around to test it out. I would go down the cheaper route of nxts, but i have popped them in the mains at 57 and 50lbs (one of the middle strings) after a day or two of tennis. So far, the nat gut in the cross doesnt degrade as much as the nxt (semi-w forehand, eastern dbl backhand) from what I see and I think going gut vs nxt is the way to go for me. I bought the champions pack when I bought my k90 just to try it out and it's awesome. I know alu rough comes in mini reels, but I dont see nat guts in reels. I guess they only come in packs? Was trying to save some money.

Is there a nat gut string that compares to Wilson Nat Gut 16s?

YULitle
07-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Babolat VS 16 ;)

renderman
07-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Babolat VS 16 ;)

Okay cool. Thanks. I just realized that I can half the full sets of the natural gut since it should be enough for a 90 frame.

smarion2
07-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I just put in an order for some VS gut. Cant wait to see how it plays from all the good things i've been hearing about it

jim e
07-11-2008, 03:32 PM
I just put in an order for some VS gut. Cant wait to see how it plays from all the good things i've been hearing about it

The only problem will be that once you use it, you will not want anything else.