PDA

View Full Version : What do You think....

s7evin
07-11-2008, 02:53 PM
What do You think about this hybrid:
Lux BB Original/Wilson Extreme 28/27 kg

Or should i go full BB Original?

renderman
07-11-2008, 02:58 PM
I havent tried the Wilson Extremes, but I will say using all Alu BB hits like cardboard. It's pretty stiff. I switched to Wilson nxts and ALU BB because my arm started to hurt after going the full ALU route..

smarion2
07-11-2008, 03:13 PM
yeah i literally just cuz out my full BB org set up. Id never tried polys before but was pretty sure that my game was suited for them. I really really liked the strings the 1st few hours I hit with them but after that it did just feel like cardboard. I dont really like doing hybrids of something if i've never played with the string before because you dont really get a good idea on how you like it. I'd say give it a try in a full set up then if its 2 stiff go for the hybrid.

aussie
07-11-2008, 03:18 PM
What do You think about this hybrid:
Lux BB Original/Wilson Extreme 28/27 kg

Or should i go full BB Original?

I like it. Extreme is a very good and underrated syn gut which will soften the BB. Another good cross is Head syn gut PPS. Another benefit is that they lower the cost of the string job which we all love.

rorourboat320
07-11-2008, 11:15 PM
i personally haven't played with that setup myself but my friend plays with it and hasn't changed ever since he used it. if it doesn't work out then switch to something else. also heard that bb original is pretty stiff so i say give a full setup of bb original and if you don't like it, make some changes from there

2nd_Serve
07-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Wilson Extreme's are pretty good as a cross. You could try it out, if you don't like it, try out the Lux's by themselves. But they go dead pretty quick. Your going to have to restring them often. If you don't want that, then just go with Topspin Cyberflash. It's a pretty close alternative.