PDA

View Full Version : New racket with requested string job...

DLtoken
07-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Okay, so, I bought two new rackets and, TW was sold out so I went elsewhere... I requested one racket to be strung with the mains and the crosses ant different tensions and the other racket to be unstrung, but to ship the strings along in the package. So, I get my rackets today, and upon inspection, I realize they did a one piece string job. :shock: Nor did the send the extra set of strings!?!?! And not only is it a one piece, they strung it from bottom to top!?!? Damn it.

So, what should I do about this...? On a sheet of paper, they clearly stated that the mains were different tensions than the crosses. If that is true, then that is horrible for the frame with a one piece string job. Any thoughts? Sorry, just need to vent...:?

LanEvo
07-11-2008, 07:12 PM
u can send it back and they will fix it

DLtoken
07-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Eh, then I have to pay for shipping... It's just sad that nothing can be done right without doing it yourself, no matter what it is. I am going to ask them for two sets of strings the next time I place an order as this string job is of no use to me. It's just unfreakinbelievable.

Azzurri
07-11-2008, 07:19 PM
sucks to hear. they send a return slip with every order. call C/S and send the racquet back. Add a note. They will fix and send back right away.

There is NO shipping charge back to them..they take care of it.

DLtoken
07-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I string rackets, so it's not a huge deal... It's the principle of the whole matter. You'd think that a relatively large retailer would have certified and/or competent racket techs on payroll.

Am I the only one to have issues like this when ordering online?

Mansewerz
07-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Wait, you got these from TW?

DLtoken
07-11-2008, 07:38 PM
No... I wish I did... As stated in the OP, TW is sold out so I went elsewhere... ;)

Azzurri
07-11-2008, 07:45 PM
No... I wish I did... As stated in the OP, TW is sold out so I went elsewhere... ;)

oh..forget what I said.

meowmix
07-11-2008, 07:59 PM
I string rackets, so it's not a huge deal... It's the principle of the whole matter. You'd think that a relatively large retailer would have certified and/or competent racket techs on payroll.

Am I the only one to have issues like this when ordering online?

1. no you're not the only one
2. most places other than TW have worse customer service. Are they that bad? Not really. But when you get start getting complicated, most of those guys start having no idea what you're talking about.

Tim W
07-11-2008, 08:43 PM
... I went elsewhere...

There's your problem. :)

fluffy Beaver
07-11-2008, 09:03 PM
What is this conspiracy of stringing bottom to top as if it's illegal. You can do one piece with 2 different tensions and nothing is wrong. It's possible to do hundreds of string jobs bottom to top and the racquet will be fine. Unless your racquet is a yonex or another brand that voids the warranty bottom to top, I see nothing wrong.

Valjean
07-12-2008, 05:24 AM
I string rackets, so it's not a huge deal... It's the principle of the whole matter.....
So you don't prefer your own stringing to that of someone you don't know, you're lazy, or what? Man, several of us restring racquet *demos* here in order to do the try out right.

DLtoken
07-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Valjean, no, I am not lazy. I just happen to be victim to the horrible quality of Eagnas machines and i am not going to get the replacement part for another few days...

And, yes, it is a Yonex racket. The older model RDS 001 as it is dirt cheap and I really just want to stock up on the frames as I plan on using them for a looong time. Also, when doing a one piece with different tensions, won't the tension slowly even out across the string bed? So, the last main before the crosses is at a slightly less tension than the one before it...? That's just the way I think of it, maybe I'm wrong?

alcap26
07-12-2008, 01:44 PM
I ran into this same problem with Tennis Warehouse once so everyone makes mistakes. I called them and explained my dissatisfaction and they sent a new set of strings and credited my account for having to get them restrung. Hopefully whoever you got them from will be reasonable like TW was with me.

Eric4
07-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Valjean, no, I am not lazy. I just happen to be victim to the horrible quality of Eagnas machines and i am not going to get the replacement part for another few days...

And, yes, it is a Yonex racket. The older model RDS 001 as it is dirt cheap and I really just want to stock up on the frames as I plan on using them for a looong time. Also, when doing a one piece with different tensions, won't the tension slowly even out across the string bed? So, the last main before the crosses is at a slightly less tension than the one before it...? That's just the way I think of it, maybe I'm wrong?

the tension wont really change, the string is goin around the corner from a cross to a main, the resistance is pretty high. also i guarentee you wouldnt notice a difference if the lowest cross string and a main all the way to the side lost or gained a pound. for some racquets, its not bad to string bottom to top like most of wilsons racquets but it sounds like you got a yonex which should have been a 2 peice.

Zach
07-12-2008, 03:52 PM

Which Eagnas machine do you have?

DLtoken
07-12-2008, 08:01 PM
I have the Eagnas Combo 910... One of the support arms developed a crack through the middle of it. Nothing serious, just more of a minor inconvenience.

YULitle
07-12-2008, 08:05 PM
The stringing of one-piece isn't that big of a deal, at all. The bottom to top problem is only slightly more of a "deal."

The missing string, if you paid for it or it was suggested that you would get it, IS an issue. I'd call them.

DLtoken
07-13-2008, 06:35 AM
Well, the good news is they said they will warranty the rackets themselves for the year and also ship out two sets of strings, rather than one. So, they took care of me... Thank god they are California based. ;) hahah