PDA

View Full Version : Novak's (DJOKOVIC) Previous Racquet

JYD
07-11-2008, 07:17 PM
What was Novak Djokovic using before the new [K]Factor tour blade 93 racquet? Does anyone know?

Thanks for any help provided.

kobe3pointer
07-11-2008, 07:22 PM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3426/rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrxr8.jpg

JYD
07-11-2008, 07:25 PM
That helps - sort of. I still can't tell what racquet that is unless someone else can? I really don't know all that much about racquet's.

kobe3pointer
07-11-2008, 07:25 PM
its a nblade...

JYD
07-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Can you still buy those?

hmwmai
07-11-2008, 07:31 PM
yeah i bet check tennis warehouse

Josherer
07-11-2008, 07:32 PM
yer just look around.. it's not available on tennis warehouse though

kobe3pointer
07-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Head Size:
98 sq. in. / 632 sq. cm.
Length: 27 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 11.1oz / 315g
Balance: 2pts Head Light
Swingweight: 332
Stiffness: 58
Beam Width: 21 mm Flat Beam
Composition: 20% nCoded Hyper Carbon / 80% nCoded graphite / nFoam-filled core
Power Level: Low
Swing Speed: Fast
Grip Type: TruGrip
String Pattern:
18 Mains / 20 Crosses
Mains skip: 8T,10T,8H,10H
One Piece
No shared holes
String Tension: 50-60 pounds

JYD
07-11-2008, 07:42 PM
yea i've given up on finding it. maybe a store near me will have it, lol.

NovakWannabe
07-11-2008, 07:51 PM
yea i've given up on finding it. maybe a store near me will have it, lol.

You want to know a secret? He really doesn't use a Blade! He really uses this: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-LMRAD.html painted to look like a Blade! You heard it here first! :grin: NOT!

JYD
07-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Wait, you're confusing me? What the hell does he use? lol.

s7evin
07-11-2008, 08:03 PM
He used the LM Radical Before the Blade but as you can see on the pics there are no lm ridges on the nblade so it ain't a pj.
probably a custom mold, not for mortal beings

JYD
07-11-2008, 08:07 PM
He used the LM Radical Before the Blade but as you can see on the pics there are no lm ridges on the nblade so it ain't a pj.
probably a custom mold, not for mortal beings

oh, ok. i was just wondering what he used since he's my favorite player. i'd get the racquet he uses now but 200 dollars is a ridiculous price to spend on a racquet IMO.

Return_Ace
07-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Yes spending $200 on a racket is a ridiculous idea....

Even more so than buying a racket just because a certain pro uses it.. :roll:

Not to mention an "advanced" player's racket. :roll:

kobe3pointer
07-11-2008, 08:15 PM
yeah, go to a shp and try out some racquets and find the one best for u...

JYD
07-11-2008, 08:24 PM

lol. im pretty good at tennis. well, im not that great, because i dont play as much as i used to, but my family used to be real into it. both my sister's got d-1 scholarships so i used to hit with them all the time and i could keep up with them not too bad.

pfchang
07-11-2008, 08:33 PM
You want to know a secret? He really doesn't use a Blade! He really uses this: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-LMRAD.html painted to look like a Blade! You heard it here first! :grin: NOT!

total bull.
ain't no PJ there

as for getting an Nblade, use the FS/FT forum.
should be a couple there

Fedace
07-11-2008, 08:38 PM
The real question is Is he really using the K-blade tour ??? and what string is he using now ??

tarie
07-12-2008, 02:49 AM
The real question is Is he really using the K-blade tour ??? and what string is he using now ??
He's not using the real kblade tour for sure,width is thicker and head is bigger.
About strings he use's alupower+gut.

h7hugo
07-12-2008, 04:42 AM
He's using some raquet made by WIlson Pro Room....with a PJ of a KBT

orangettecoleman
07-12-2008, 09:23 AM

and said pro doesn't use it at all, just endorses it. there are some threads around about this but basically Djokovic used to play with a head LM Radical and when he signed his endorsement with wilson they made him a custom racquet which plays just like the Head. they then painted it with the paint scheme of the Nblade 98 and now the Kblade tour. so if it makes you feel any better that 200 bucks wouldn't have gotten you the racquet Djokovic uses anyway.

JYD
07-12-2008, 09:44 AM
and said pro doesn't use it at all, just endorses it. there are some threads around about this but basically Djokovic used to play with a head LM Radical and when he signed his endorsement with wilson they made him a custom racquet which plays just like the Head. they then painted it with the paint scheme of the Nblade 98 and now the Kblade tour. so if it makes you feel any better that 200 bucks wouldn't have gotten you the racquet Djokovic uses anyway.

oh ok, cool. thx for the info. btw i am demo'ing the kblade tour it should be here anyday now. i've always wanted to try it out anyway.

charaseac
07-12-2008, 09:55 AM
total bull.
ain't no PJ there

as for getting an Nblade, use the FS/FT forum.
should be a couple there

And you can also get used kblade off from the FS/FT section too ^^

I'll save you some time, the price hanging around from $120 - $150.. some are higher, if you're lucky some are lower.. just check the section regularly

Racquet Man
07-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Tarie,

I may be imagining this but did you not once post that you had Djokovic's real custom mold with the KBlade PJ that he personally given to you in Rome??? I'm pretty sure I recall reading this somewher. Am I correct?

If I'm correct, can you post the pictures of the racquet? Can you give us info on the weight, SW, how many points HL, etc.

Thanks

AlpineCadet
07-13-2008, 11:26 PM
This has been asked plenty of times before. He's been photographed using a racket that looks identical to the stock LM Radical (with physical LM ridges.) The layup and flex is still a mystery. His current Wilson frame has the same Head string pattern. Hope that helps.

tarie
07-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Tarie,

I may be imagining this but did you not once post that you had Djokovic's real custom mold with the KBlade PJ that he personally given to you in Rome??? I'm pretty sure I recall reading this somewher. Am I correct?

If I'm correct, can you post the pictures of the racquet? Can you give us info on the weight, SW, how many points HL, etc.

Thanks
I don't rememberer if i wrote it on this board,but yes it's true.
These are the specs(unstrung):

336 gr
31.5 cm balance
60 RA
338 SW

As soon as possible i'll give you some pics.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6980/p1000855je3.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8628/p1000859el4.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6339/p1000858uj7.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8136/p1000861yo1.jpg

Racquet Man
07-14-2008, 04:32 AM
Thanks Tarie,

I knew I read it somewhere. I too believ it was another board ( an italien board in fact). You confirmed I'm not losing my mind.

Great to have access to this racquet. We'd all be grateful for the photos and specs.

Remind us how you got it? Have you played with it?

Did you get the specs from measuring on a Babolat RDC or like machine?

Racquet Man
07-14-2008, 04:34 AM
One more thing, can you post pictures of the inside of the throat. We'd love to see what tech stuff is written on this custom stick if at all.

Much thanks.

s7evin
07-14-2008, 04:47 AM
Before the LM rad he used prince tt warrior.
So that's even cheaper than the rad.

tarie
07-14-2008, 04:57 AM
Thanks Tarie,

I knew I read it somewhere. I too believ it was another board ( an italien board in fact). You confirmed I'm not losing my mind.

Great to have access to this racquet. We'd all be grateful for the photos and specs.

Remind us how you got it? Have you played with it?

Did you get the specs from measuring on a Babolat RDC or like machine?

Specs are from a Babolat RDC,yes.

How did i get it?I've worked at the transportation during the tournament in Rome,and one day I had Novak in my car and speaking with him we bet that if he had won the tournament he would have given me his raquet.That's it!

I played with it,but my english is poor and I cannot explain well how it feels.
Anyway,really great spin and easy to find depth on shots,very precise,you feel that is 60RA,it seems you can hold the ball on the stringbed and give direction to it,very gentle on the arm.
It's a little heavy for me,not much the weight itself but the swingweight is little too high..

Inside the throat there are the specs of KBlade Tour on one side,on the other side there is this sticker.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5714/immagine002oi6.jpg

ericsson
07-14-2008, 05:11 AM
Tarie, thanks for the info, nice to know, is there any lead under the bumper or somewhere else?

tarie
07-14-2008, 05:27 AM
Tarie, thanks for the info, nice to know, is there any lead under the bumper or somewhere else?

There is no tape that I can see,I've only this "thing" inside the handle.

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/581/p1000935ae5.jpg

Satch
07-14-2008, 05:57 AM

Novak would never use such a toy of a racquet, he used Head prestige classic all his life...

but now i think that he use some very custom wilson that doesn't have nothing to do with kblade or any blade.

onkystomper
07-14-2008, 07:17 AM
no he did not use the prestige, he used the LM rad TOUR version which stock weight is 325 grams rather than 295

Satch
07-14-2008, 07:50 AM
no he did not use the prestige, he used the LM rad TOUR version which stock weight is 325 grams rather than 295

look i know that he used to play with that racquet for sure he didn't played with 318g racquet, but again maybe that was a PJ of prestige you know, in that time he had a contract with head... same story like now with wilson.

s7evin
07-14-2008, 08:01 AM
look i know that he used to play with that racquet for sure he didn't played with 318g racquet, but again maybe that was a PJ of prestige you know, in that time he had a contract with head... same story like now with wilson.

Nope, there are pics on the forum where you can see the liquidmetal ridges on the racquet.
Do a search you'll see.

s7evin
07-14-2008, 08:05 AM
tarie,
do you like have a special room in which you keep Novak's racquet, and what sort of security system do you use to guard it?

Satch
07-14-2008, 08:09 AM
i found one pic, but can't clearly see if there are ridges...
anyway he used a lot of head racquets in his junior days and liquidmetal maybe was one of them but he used PC too. And why his new wilson doens't have the ridges then?

tarie
07-14-2008, 08:10 AM
tarie,
do you like have a special room in which you keep Novak's racquet, and what sort of security system do you use to guard it?

Eheh:)
Actually now is inside a kfactor cover into my bag!

tarie
07-14-2008, 08:12 AM
i found one pic, but can't clearly see if there are ridges...
anyway he used a lot of head racquets in his junior days and liquidmetal maybe was one of them but he used PC too. And why his new wilson doens't have the ridges then?
His new wilson doesn't have the ridges because it's custom mold made by wilson on his request.

Satch
07-14-2008, 08:18 AM
anyway i read on this forum that his racquet is based up on head PT280 and i would like if this guy that posted the pics can do the same test with those two frames...

tarie
07-14-2008, 08:27 AM
anyway i read on this forum that his racquet is based up on head PT280 and i would like if this guy that posted the pics can do the same test with those two frames...

I would do it..but I haven't got a PT280!:)

Satch
07-14-2008, 08:34 AM
I would do it..but I haven't got a PT280!:)

to bad, but you can send that Joker racquet to me i will do it :D J/K :)

tarie
07-14-2008, 08:43 AM
to bad, but you can send that Joker racquet to me i will do it :D J/K :)

mmmmm...:):)

Racquet Man
07-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Tarie,

What's the length of the racquet?

Have you ever hit with an actual KBlade tour or 98 or LM Radical? Does it hit like either

tarie
07-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Tarie,

What's the length of the racquet?

Have you ever hit with an actual KBlade tour or 98 or LM Radical? Does it hit like either

I have hit with LM Radical and now I'm playing with a pro room's kblade98 (i'm not a player but i know a guy who knows wilson rep and he gave them me).
This last one is pratically the same but lighter and with the paintjob o kblade 98.It's boxed beam and not rounded as the retail one,other specs are the same.
Cannot tell you if they're similar because difference in weight is high,they're pretty flexible and easy to play with.

Ah,the lenght is standard.

Racquet Man
07-14-2008, 09:13 AM
When you say the last one is "practically the saqme but lighter with a KBlade98 paintjob", are you comparing it to the LM Radical or the Pro Room Djocovic racquet?

Do you have any pictures of the pro room KBlade98 to share?

tarie
07-14-2008, 09:30 AM
When you say the last one is "practically the saqme but lighter with a KBlade98 paintjob", are you comparing it to the LM Radical or the Pro Room Djocovic racquet?

Do you have any pictures of the pro room KBlade98 to share?

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/1135/p1000953fs3.jpg
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7248/p1000957lk5.jpg
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6373/p1000960nvc2.jpg
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6893/p1000964nbu8.jpg

stician
07-14-2008, 10:05 AM
tarie,

You are the MAN. Great photos and information.

Satch
07-14-2008, 10:26 AM
@tarie -so is Head radical more similar to Joker's racquet than kblade98, or not? I have LM rad (not my main stick) so i am interested :D

JediMindTrick
07-14-2008, 10:59 AM
This topic has been discussed to death many times in the past, so I'll just give a quick summary for our new forum members.
Djoko is not playing with any nBlade or kBlade of any kind because his racquet has a different string pattern. He is playing with a Wilson made clone of his old Head racquet. He said that himself:

http://www.protennisfan.com/2005/12/djokovic_signs_.html

There is no general consensus on what is his old Head racquet, but the options most favoured by this forum's readers are the LiquidMetal Radical Tour and the Pro Tour 630.

Racquet Man
07-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Tarie, when you superimposed the Djokovic mold over the KBlade98 custom stick, am I correctly seeing that the head of the Djokovic is larger? To me it looks like 100-103 sq in? Is that an optical illusion? Can you confirm?

Thanks

tarie
07-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Tarie, when you superimposed the Djokovic mold over the KBlade98 custom stick, am I correctly seeing that the head of the Djokovic is larger? To me it looks like 100-103 sq in? Is that an optical illusion? Can you confirm?

Thanks

It's an optical illusion,made by the angle which i took the picture from.

JYD
07-15-2008, 04:41 PM
I finally got my K TOUR blade 93 in the mail today. Played for an hour with my family, and I hit it great. Not as much power as I had before, but MUCH MUCH more control. I beat my sister for the first time with it too.

I want to buy it, but I have no money, lol.

Racquet Man
07-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Tarie, you are clearly connected (or, at least know someone who is well connected) to the Wilson pro room. Do you know if the Wilson pro room only design the racquet or manufacture it too? In other words, are these pro model racquets are made in China like the rest of the Wilson retail racquets, or are the custom made in North America in a special pro room (ex: at Wilson offices in Illinois)?

Does anyone know where other pro custom molds are produced? (for example: is the Blake/Haas Dunlop pro mold made in England?; is the the Prince pro mold made in the States? is the Technifibre pro's racquets designed and made in France at Technifibre?), or are they all made in China too like the retail racquets?

Katlion
07-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Wilson nCode nBlade ~ sick looking racket.

Racquet Man
07-19-2008, 05:30 AM
Does anyone know if the Wilson pro room only designs the pro's custom mold racquets or do they manufacture them at that location too? In other words, are Wilson pro racquets made in China like the rest of the Wilson retail racquets, or are they custom made in North America at the pro room (ex: at Wilson offices in Illinois)?

As well, does anyone know where other brands manufacture their custom pro molds? I know that Head produces their pro racquets in Austria. But does anyone know if the Blake/Haas Dunlop pro mold is made in England or China?; are the the Prince pro mold made in the States? are the Technifibre pro's racquets designed and made in France at Technifibre?etc etc).

If they are all made in China, I wonder if the pros have the same QC issues that we encounter with retail products being made by these same manufacturers?

tarie
07-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Does anyone know if the Wilson pro room only designs the pro's custom mold racquets or do they manufacture them at that location too? In other words, are Wilson pro racquets made in China like the rest of the Wilson retail racquets, or are they custom made in North America at the pro room (ex: at Wilson offices in Illinois)?

As well, does anyone know where other brands manufacture their custom pro molds? I know that Head produces their pro racquets in Austria. But does anyone know if the Blake/Haas Dunlop pro mold is made in England or China?; are the the Prince pro mold made in the States? are the Technifibre pro's racquets designed and made in France at Technifibre?etc etc).

If they are all made in China, I wonder if the pros have the same QC issues that we encounter with retail products being made by these same manufacturers?
Mine have a sticker with "made in china" written on it.

Racquet Man
07-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks for posting Tarie. I assume that applies to both the Djokovic and KBlade98 pro room models you have.

I am going to make this a new stand alone post to try and get others who have pro molds to add their comments.

Booyah
07-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Yes the kblade tour and Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 17 String. according to TW

tarie
07-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks for posting Tarie. I assume that applies to both the Djokovic and KBlade98 pro room models you have.

I am going to make this a new stand alone post to try and get others who have pro molds to add their comments.
No actually this applies only to the 98 I have,the Djokovic has nothing written on.

Racquet Man
07-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Tarie, if possible, can you post pictures of the inside throat of your Djokocic racquet so we can see? Much thanks :)

kabob
07-27-2008, 04:03 AM
Tarie, you are clearly connected (or, at least know someone who is well connected) to the Wilson pro room. Do you know if the Wilson pro room only design the racquet or manufacture it too? In other words, are these pro model racquets are made in China like the rest of the Wilson retail racquets, or are the custom made in North America in a special pro room (ex: at Wilson offices in Illinois)?

Does anyone know where other pro custom molds are produced? (for example: is the Blake/Haas Dunlop pro mold made in England?; is the the Prince pro mold made in the States? is the Technifibre pro's racquets designed and made in France at Technifibre?), or are they all made in China too like the retail racquets?

They're customized by hand by a branch of Wilson's player services group.

http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/issues/200407/200407wilson_proroom.html