PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a reasonably priced poly with feel/control of bb rough but more power

wildmoose31
07-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Last thread of my string search. I promise.

anyways...

Right now Im using a hybrid of bb rough and gosen og micro jc at 54lbs in my mg prestige MP. Love the feel and control, but so many of my groundstrokes are landing shorter then i'd like, so i have to swing harder and im less consistent.

Basically I want a hybrid that reels are less then 125 for 660+ft and adds power, but keeps the feel/stiffness.

Im thinking SPPP Hextreme, Blue Gear, Big Ace (and big ace micro), Pro Poly Plasma, and also a few i really havent read much about about such as Weiss Scorpion, and kirschbaums Smash Spiky, Super Smash, and Touch turbo.

Im basically looking for 6 sets of string to purchase, all with more power then the bb rough, to do comparisons with, likely in a hybrid with og micro 17g

huge thanks to all the help provided by this forum in the last few weeks

captinsane903
07-11-2008, 08:12 PM
I heard Big Ace and Cyberflash aren't too bad of polys. And they're nice and cheap at around $7-8.:)

jackcrawford
07-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I heard Big Ace and Cyberflash aren't too bad of polys. And they're nice and cheap at around $7-8.:) MSV Focus Hex 1.18 or 1.23 at about $7 a set IMO is far superior to Blue Gear or Big Ace or Cyberflash as a full job, a main, or a cross. YMMV. It has way more spin, feels crisper, and is just as easy on the arm to me as those three and I find say, Big Banger original too much for my elbow.

Cup8489
07-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Possibly Cyber Blue, aka Cyber Power. it's a nice durable string, with more pop than the average poly. i like it alot.

PROTENNIS63
07-12-2008, 06:07 AM
I would try Big Ace and Cyber Power. If you want some extra spin you can try Blue Gear.

dunlop kid
07-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Wild moose i need my money back pls?You said last week.

TheRed
07-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Monogut 17, though it's got a bit softer feel in the beginning. Fresh mongut is similar to 2 hr old bb alu rough.